6.5 Rifle Choices

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G

Re: 6.5 Rifle Choices

#11 Post by Sim G »

So what are you actually after, Dave? A 6.5x55se in a chassis stock a la RPR?

That’s easy.

Tikka T3 Super Varmint dropped into a MDT LSS stock.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

#12 Post by Sim G »

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
phaedra1106

#14 Post by phaedra1106 »

Hi Dave :)

If you want to have a look at one I've just put my T3x CTR into that stock :)

Bear in mind you'll also need a hand grip, a butt stock (and tube if you go for adjustable length) and an AICS compatible magazine for it, don't get the Magpul version as the feed lips are too thick and it doesn't work. The MDT polymer mag is OK but a tight squeeze to get 10 into it, RiflemagsUK have the Accurate metal mags which work perfectly.

Not a great photo but you get the idea, mine is fitted with a spare Ruger RPR butt stock I had lying about.

https://www.full-bore.co.uk/download/fi ... w&id=11882
Attachments
Tikka-MDT.jpg
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

Thanks I have decided to go for the Tikka T3 super varmint in 6.5x55. Just need to get the certificate sorted out etc.
Cheers.
Alpha1

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

I went for the Tikka T3 Super Varmint I intend to add a new stock once it arrives and obviously a scope.

Now that is sorted it's time to check out the rest of the items on my bucket list.

The problem is vacating slots on my ticket to make room I have all ready made some brutal decisions and cleared stuff out.
My shooting as changed dramatically over the last 18 month since joining a new Club.
I don't have a lot of years left were I will have enough disposal income to indulge myself so by the end of the year I need to be sorted and only have guns I am actually going to shoot.
I need a shotgun certificate strangely in all the years I have been shooting I have never had a shotgun certificate. I need a under and over and a side by side for starters. Or maybe a couple I'm not sure yet.
I'm looking at acquiring a black powder revolver or maybe two. Not sure what's required for the discipline.
On my list is .22 long barreled pistol just for the hell of it.
Also on my list is a .22 semi auto rifle just for the hell of it.
A .22 hornet would be nice.
The list goes on and on and on.
The problem is getting rid of stuff to make room. Or do I upgrade my Security keep the stuff I have got and just add to it. Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.
Alpha1

#17 Post by Alpha1 »

For some reason I now have a strange desire to get my hands on a Mosin Nagant long rifle. I have had a couple in the past and for some reason I am hankering after another one. It's strange how old age affects you.
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

Many years ago I shot a MN chambered in 6,5x54R however it had open sights so to me seemed no more or less accurate than the 7,62x54R for the handful of shots I took, it just had noticeably less recoil.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#20 Post by Alpha1 »

Alpha1 wrote:For some reason I now have a strange desire to get my hands on a Mosin Nagant long rifle. I have had a couple in the past and for some reason I am hankering after another one. It's strange how old age affects you.
I still have this strange desire to get my hands on a Mosin weird isn't it. Im struggling with what to cull Im getting down to the bone now. They are all keepers really. teanews hmm whats next decisions decisions.