Did someone mention lever action?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Did someone mention lever action?

#21 Post by mag41uk »

Blackstuff wrote:I must admit i'm tempted by one of these, although would prefer a .45ACP or even better 10mm. :p
10mm now you are talking!
Dustyman

#22 Post by Dustyman »

Is this a complete manufacture by Sgc or do they modify another manufacturers? I am assuming that it’s UK legal ? Apols if a stupid question
243, 7mm , 22, 308 , 45, 357, 9mm, v8, 120mph, 36.26.34, Do you notice how all good things have numbers in them ?
GlockworkOrange
Home club or Range: Parkstone Gun Club

#23 Post by GlockworkOrange »

Cant find any mention of this on their website, seems odd when you're trying to sell something that's rather expensive with a limited market. I wonder if they're trying to keep it low profile?
Sim G
Past Supporter

#24 Post by Sim G »

That's Bob for you! What ever way it's done, it will be his way...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#25 Post by Sixshot6 »

GlockworkOrange wrote:Cant find any mention of this on their website, seems odd when you're trying to sell something that's rather expensive with a limited market. I wonder if they're trying to keep it low profile?
Its been advertised in magazines like gunmart. I think he may just can't be bothered to update the website, he's kept the same layout for years to be honest.
Dustyman

#26 Post by Dustyman »

One for
Sale on gun trader
243, 7mm , 22, 308 , 45, 357, 9mm, v8, 120mph, 36.26.34, Do you notice how all good things have numbers in them ?
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#27 Post by shugie »

Dustyman wrote:One for
Sale on gun trader
From Bromsgrove Shooting Supplies, on their website too.

The large chap at SGC enjoys a certain reputation in his dealings with customers, is he as still cantankerous as ever? If one had the temerity to email him, asking for a list of options, would one reasonable expect a response?

Although I'd rather like to lay my paws on one to see if it would be better or worse for gallery rifle than a slicked Marlin for example.
Careful now/that sort of thing
GlockworkOrange
Home club or Range: Parkstone Gun Club

#28 Post by GlockworkOrange »

shugie wrote: The large chap at SGC enjoys a certain reputation in his dealings with customers, is he as still cantankerous as ever? If one had the temerity to email him, asking for a list of options, would one reasonable expect a response?
I've been very disappointed over the last few years with gun shops and manufacturers who seem to have no interest in actually selling their products. Countless times I've emailed UK AR15 builders politely asking for a basic pricing guide, general availability etc. and never get a reply back. Over the lockdown period I emailed more than a dozen shops about various products and only got a reply back from one. I find it most bizzare, it's certainly not how I would operate a business.

I'm definitely interested in one of these but like you say, I'd need to get my hands on one and see how it feels compared to a traditional lever-action.
David24

#29 Post by David24 »

GlockworkOrange wrote:
shugie wrote: The large chap at SGC enjoys a certain reputation in his dealings with customers, is he as still cantankerous as ever? If one had the temerity to email him, asking for a list of options, would one reasonable expect a response?
I've been very disappointed over the last few years with gun shops and manufacturers who seem to have no interest in actually selling their products. Countless times I've emailed UK AR15 builders politely asking for a basic pricing guide, general availability etc. and never get a reply back. Over the lockdown period I emailed more than a dozen shops about various products and only got a reply back from one. I find it most bizzare, it's certainly not how I would operate a business.

I'm definitely interested in one of these but like you say, I'd need to get my hands on one and see how it feels compared to a traditional lever-action.
I agree for some importers/manufacturers, such as my LBP importer who cannot be contacted by anyone, however another RFD who performs modifications for this brand of LBP that I had never used before, diagnosed and shipped me some replacement springs, before emailing me a week later asking if they worked and asking for payment.
The couple of AR15 builders I have emailed, including the one I eventually purchased from had not been anything more than amazing and always provide more information quickly and sometimes with more than I may have asked. This being the owner who is emailing me within an hour whilst on a shooting holiday and at the airport going there. This has continued to be the case over the last 2 years for random follow up queries where a purchase may not have occurred but asking about a product or aftercare on my purchase. On the other hand I've emailed/called other RFDs about standard products/moderators to order in that they have in the past but would then have to chase and chase.
Seeing multiple of SGCs previous products, I would love to have a go with one of these to then potentially add to the safe.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#30 Post by Blackstuff »

shugie wrote:
The large chap at SGC enjoys a certain reputation in his dealings with customers, is he as still cantankerous as ever? If one had the temerity to email him, asking for a list of options, would one reasonable expect a response?

Although I'd rather like to lay my paws on one to see if it would be better or worse for gallery rifle than a slicked Marlin for example.
I've had three SGC rifles in my time and BEFORE you hand over the cash the customer service has been reasonable, afterwards, lets use the rule on here, "i'm yet to have a positive experience"

That said its at least 5 years since I've had any contact so maybe he's turned things around teanews lol lol lol O:-)
DVC