Robinson XCR Lever Release - Who has one of these on order?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Brian838
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Offa's Dyke.

Robinson XCR Lever Release - Who has one of these on order?

#1 Post by Brian838 »

I have one of my kidneys prepped and ready to go on Ebay for one of these bad boys. Last time I spoke to Lodock gear, all were said to be spoken for. Does anyone have one of these on order or have they been delivered? I'd love to know peoples first impression of these?
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

Re: Robinson XCR Lever Release - Who has one of these on ord

#2 Post by Sixshot6 »

Brian838 wrote:I have one of my kidneys prepped and ready to go on Ebay for one of these bad boys. Last time I spoke to Lodock gear, all were said to be spoken for. Does anyone have one of these on order or have they been delivered? I'd love to know peoples first impression of these?

Are they in the country yet?
Brian838
Past Supporter

#3 Post by Brian838 »

Arriving soon apparently!
Sixshot6

#4 Post by Sixshot6 »

Brian838 wrote:Arriving soon apparently!
That's what I've heard, I want to wait to see what people say before I buy one, I've been a beta tester too many times, and kidneys you have no ambition, what other body parts do you have to sell? :twisted:
Brian838
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Brian838 »

I would just about stop short of my trigger finger lol
Sixshot6

#6 Post by Sixshot6 »

Brian838 wrote:I would just about stop short of my trigger finger lol
After that, its any children or grand children you have lol . When I have the funds together I'll have to give Lodock another call as it's been a while since the last emails. They offered to let me test the demo 243 in Rugby but I hadn't the time.
nickb834
Home club or Range: Wakefield R&PC, Warwickshire Armourers R&PC

#7 Post by nickb834 »

I've just put a deposit down on a .308 one of these - quoted lead time is 3/4 weeks to get them shipped and anywhere from 0 to infinity to get them proofed.

I'm hoping it turns up by the time my oop North club gets back onto Strensall (soooo close!)
Sixshot6

#8 Post by Sixshot6 »

I've got to sell a few things and then it's a 5.56 for me all the way (I have loads of 223 mags for it).
Brian838
Past Supporter

#9 Post by Brian838 »

nickb834 wrote:I've just put a deposit down on a .308 one of these - quoted lead time is 3/4 weeks to get them shipped and anywhere from 0 to infinity to get them proofed.

I'm hoping it turns up by the time my oop North club gets back onto Strensall (soooo close!)
Cool! You will have to let us know how you get on. Was anything mentioned about a thumb release extension they are working on?
nickb834
Home club or Range: Wakefield R&PC, Warwickshire Armourers R&PC

#10 Post by nickb834 »

Brian838 wrote:
nickb834 wrote:I've just put a deposit down on a .308 one of these - quoted lead time is 3/4 weeks to get them shipped and anywhere from 0 to infinity to get them proofed.

Cool! You will have to let us know how you get on. Was anything mentioned about a thumb release extension they are working on?
No nothing mentioned, tbh I didn't know it was even discussed till I saw it somewhere after I'd placed the deposit (can't find that now either).

I'm guessing some sort of Magpul B.A.D device might be the design? Not sure I fancy that as given the bolt release is in front of and below the trigger - then whatever it is - it's going to cut straight across the side of the trigger and look a little Heath Robinson.

I'm not sure but I think looking at the XCR-M the bolt release needs to be a push straight down affair to drop the bolt catch - so a lever in the style of the BAD lever wouldn't work - as it's a rotate around a point device as opposed to a linear downwards movement. Failing that there's a fair bit of work I'd imagine to change the internals to accomodate a thumb safety as per SGC's method.

My motivation for getting one of these is that shooting either of my straight pulls (Dragunov / AKMS) requires to break my position AND it hurts (aw diddums!) my trigger finger racking the action (after about 40 rounds) - and just occasionally a round needs a bit more effort to extract (I've got a dodgy shoulder to boot now), so for me I don't think I'm that fussed about a thumb lever on this particular rifle.

Thumb levers I think work / look best when it's done a la SGC - move the safety to the right and use the left hand side for the lever release. In fact - truth be told, I'm going for the XCR-M as it's a .308 (and it's different) and the price is nigh on a grand less than what Bob wants for a .223, and I'm kinda hoping with the competition from Lodock and Caledonian - Bob drops his prices so I can get the .223 as well.