Sabatti STR

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Gazza

Sabatti STR

#1 Post by Gazza »

Anyone have one? know of any issues etc?

I'm thinking of one of these to fill my 308 slot so thought I'd ask the learned forum members first :good:
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Sabatti STR

#2 Post by Sim G »

I reckon it will fill your slot and you'll be happy with it. If truth be told, there are very few rifles produced today by an established maker that don't offer a performance that would have cost a fortune 30 years ago.

However, I also reckon that fashion will dictate that as soon as you take a new Sabatti out of the gunshop it will be worth a fraction of what you paid and if you wanted to move it on, you'd have difficulty. For the money they want for it I would look at the Ruger or await the Howa or Tikka versions of these "modular tactical precision" rifles.

I would give a slightly used S/H model at 400 quid a go, though!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Gazza

#3 Post by Gazza »

Sim G wrote:I reckon it will fill your slot and you'll be happy with it. If truth be told, there are very few rifles produced today by an established maker that don't offer a performance that would have cost a fortune 30 years ago.

However, I also reckon that fashion will dictate that as soon as you take a new Sabatti out of the gunshop it will be worth a fraction of what you paid and if you wanted to move it on, you'd have difficulty. For the money they want for it I would look at the Ruger or await the Howa or Tikka versions of these "modular tactical precision" rifles.

I would give a slightly used S/H model at 400 quid a go, though!
I have compared the Ruger and the Sabatti side by side and much prefer the Sabatti even tho its a bit more cash.
I do however like the look of the Howa and Tikkas but unsure when these will arrive in the UK, any Ideas?
Laurie

#4 Post by Laurie »

The STR has the advantage over the Ruger PR of a Victrix manufactured stock - Victrix is supplying some very high grade complete rifles as well as highly regarded stocks. The STR is available too in 6.5X47 Lapua - a real rarity for a factory job - and 6.5 Creedmoor for those who would rather have either of those over 308 Win.

For those content to use the old established 308, waiting to see how the promised Tikka T3 variations turn out and how they're priced, might be the better option. (For those wanting a modern 6.5 in a short action tactical number, Tikka has already thrown away hundreds of thousands of dollars' worth of North American custom through 'apparently' promising to provide a major US importer with some Creedmoor chambered examples and causing a storm of interest on Snipers Hide and similar forums, then the story turning out to be being untrue or maybe a simple mistake / communications foul-up, since saying it has no intention of adopting this cartridge in the foreseeable future.)
john60wales
Home club or Range: Swansea & Carreg

#5 Post by john60wales »

Hello there,
I have a Sabatti rover in .223 which I bought at a good price. Its a lot of gun for the money...BUT...things like spare mags are like hens teeth & when you do find them you pay dearly for them. I don't know if things have moved on but i'd check the availability of spares before buying..
cheers
John
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#6 Post by Dellboy »

howa do a tactical rifle with a 26inch barell option .
http://www.rifleshootermagazine.co.uk/g ... -1-5105519
but if i was buying id go for a 6.5 for anything over 800 yards
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.