What .357 under lever?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: What .357 under lever?

#41 Post by DaveB »

I'm a traditionalist. When I bought my Winchester Trapper I looked long and hard for one that was not angle-eject and didn't have a safety - finally found one in a little gun shop out in the back of beyond in Northern Ontario where it had been languishing unsold for more than a dozen years. Same for my Rossi - won't touch the new ones with that silly safety. Mount a scope on a lever-action? Nope - no way. Not saying there's anything wrong with it for anybody else, but it's wrong for me.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#42 Post by Lever357 »

pbrazendale wrote:Hi,

I have applied for a .357 slot on my FAC and looking at the options I can choose from the following:

- Rossi
- Uberti
- Henry Big Boy

I was wondering what people here own, and what the general consensus is on the above?

I like the look of the Uberti as it loads from the side like the original Marlin however I could be swayed.

Thanks

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Have you made your purchase then pbrazendale??
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
pbrazendale
Home club or Range: MRPC

#43 Post by pbrazendale »

Lever357 wrote:

I have applied for a .357 slot on my FAC and looking at the options I can choose from the following:

- Rossi
- Uberti
- Henry Big Boy

I was wondering what people here own, and what the general consensus is on the above?

I like the look of the Uberti as it loads from the side like the original Marlin however I could be swayed.

Thanks

Unfortunately not I am waiting on GMP to post out my FAC it's the most frustrating process I've ever been through it's even worse than a full mortgage application.

I have decided on a Henry all weather in .357 Viking Arms are expecting them in June so all being well I will have it by then.

phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#44 Post by phaedra1106 »

Nice choice, I do believe I'll be adding one in .44 to my small Henry 44 collection (Brass and Blue Steel) :)

Did you get a price off anyone for it?
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
pbrazendale
Home club or Range: MRPC

#45 Post by pbrazendale »

phaedra1106 wrote:Nice choice, I do believe I'll be adding one in .44 to my small Henry 44 collection (Brass and Blue Steel) :)

Did you get a price off anyone for it?
I've been told around the £1150 mark but I guess that could change.

phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#46 Post by phaedra1106 »

Bugger, that's £200 more than I paid for the Blue Steel, sure I saw them listed at £1020, I'll have a look around again.

45/70 version at £1020 http://www.gunstar.co.uk/henry-h010aw-l ... les/901734
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#47 Post by Lever357 »

pbrazendale wrote:
Lever357 wrote:

- Rossi
- Uberti
- Henry Big Boy

Thanks

Unfortunately not I am waiting on GMP to post out my FAC it's the most frustrating process I've ever been through it's even worse than a full mortgage application.

I have decided on a Henry all weather in .357 Viking Arms are expecting them in June so all being well I will have it by then.

Bummer!!! I feel sorry for you. I got my FAC through Northumbria in 4 weeks start to finish. And you obviously never did a mortgage through me when I was a mortgage advisor as I used to make it as easy as possible for the customer ha ha!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. No doubt Henry are good guns just the loading system is not for me.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
James84

#48 Post by James84 »

+1 for the Henry. I got a brass last year and it's brilliant. I picked it over the Winchester and Rossi - plus the mag tube loading process is strangely satisfying...