Saiga 7.62 x39 Magazines

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

Saiga 7.62 x39 Magazines

#1 Post by Zilberbak »

I am now a proud owner of a Saiga 7.62 x 39 and have a 20 and 5 round magazine set to go with it but as l have a rake of Standard AK compatible mags l want to fit a bullet guide to the trunion. Does anyone know of a UK or Europe supplier as the Stateside suppliers are reluctant to supply. I am after a curved one. Alternatively is there a source of Saiga mags that anyone knows of?
Attachments
IMG_0865.JPG
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

Re: Saiga 7.62 x39 Magazines

#2 Post by Nelly2014 »

Zilberbak wrote:I am now a proud owner of a Saiga 7.62 x 39 and have a 20 and 5 round magazine set to go with it but as l have a rake of Standard AK compatible mags l want to fit a bullet guide to the trunion. Does anyone know of a UK or Europe supplier as the Stateside suppliers are reluctant to supply. I am after a curved one. Alternatively is there a source of Saiga mags that anyone knows of?
You need to contact Snayperskaya, he knows all about it.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#3 Post by snayperskaya »

This should help you out, I've ordered a couple from Dinzag and had no problem with them shipping from the States......easy to fit as long as you can drill and tap a hole and remember to check whether your Saiga has a round or flat trunnion.Many steel "Saiga" mags are just milsurp mags that have been welded at the front to create a ramp and a considerable premium is paid for that, far cheaper to get a proper feed ramp and open up the plethora of AK mags that are available.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_762x39/x39guides.html
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#4 Post by froggy »

Can't help but very nice looking rifle :good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#5 Post by Zilberbak »

Think l am sorted now as Dinzag confirmed they will supply me one in the UK, as usual impatience got the better of me. I did find a supplier in New Zealand as well that would send across.

Tried it out at Severnside yesterday and well pleased with it, no problems with ejection and as accurate as it needs to be especially with the 1-6 Primary Arms scope (the 300 Blackout ACSS recticle is compatible with 7.62 x 39) that l got from Optics Planet. Crosswind was heavy as usual.

Thanks for replies.
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R