New Rifle. RPR

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: New Rifle. RPR

#11 Post by froggy »

Enjoy Ray !!
Looks like you gonna have a lot of fun with your new toy :good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
raybrown53
Home club or Range: Corinium Rifle Range / WNSC

#12 Post by raybrown53 »

phaedra1106 wrote:Stupidly overpriced nowadays I would say, the original I have was £1350, all you get for a 40% price increase on the "new shiny enhanced" more expensive version is a metal bolt shroud (fix for a non-existent problem), no picatinny rail on the cheaper fore-end and a muzzle brake.

The new Tikka T3x TacA1 is around £1500-£1600 and is a much better finished rifle.
I agree the increase in price is daft although I paid only £100 more for mine than I would have for the Tikka and I would have had to wait for 6mths for the Tikka. I had a play with a demo tikka and liked it but preferred the feel of the Ruger and with the Ruger I can get spare mags more readily.
When in doubt C4
raybrown53

#13 Post by raybrown53 »

froggy wrote:Enjoy Ray !!
Looks like you gonna have a lot of fun with your new toy :good:

Thanks, I am def going to have a blast with it ;)
When in doubt C4
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#14 Post by phaedra1106 »

I'm off to the USA in November/December so will pick up a couple of spare mags for my Tikkas while I'm there, I also have a T3x CTR in 308 which uses the same mag. They are a lot cheaper over there if you know where to look :D

How much were you quoted for the Tikka? most places are £1595 but I got mine with a fair bit knocked off that, still waiting for it of course :cry:

The Ruger shoots very well, haven't really done any load development in it and it shoots 1moa or better with almost everything I've tried in it apart from PPU 140gr bullets which were pants in my T3 260 as well! :bad:

There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
raybrown53

#15 Post by raybrown53 »

phaedra1106 wrote:I'm off to the USA in November/December so will pick up a couple of spare mags for my Tikkas while I'm there, I also have a T3x CTR in 308 which uses the same mag. They are a lot cheaper over there if you know where to look :D

How much were you quoted for the Tikka? most places are £1595 but I got mine with a fair bit knocked off that, still waiting for it of course :cry:

The Ruger shoots very well, haven't really done any load development in it and it shoots 1moa or better with almost everything I've tried in it apart from PPU 140gr bullets which were pants in my T3 260 as well! :bad:

Nice grouping.

I was quoted the same price as you for a 24in Tikka in .308 but was told to expect to wait until at least early next year for it. Where as I picked up the RPR with 24 in barrel in .308 for just under £100 more and walked out the same day with it. I plan on picking up some pmags for it when I am next in the states.
When in doubt C4
G_C

#16 Post by G_C »

raybrown53 wrote:
phaedra1106 wrote:Stupidly overpriced nowadays I would say, the original I have was £1350, all you get for a 40% price increase on the "new shiny enhanced" more expensive version is a metal bolt shroud (fix for a non-existent problem), no picatinny rail on the cheaper fore-end and a muzzle brake.

The new Tikka T3x TacA1 is around £1500-£1600 and is a much better finished rifle.
I agree the increase in price is daft although I paid only £100 more for mine than I would have for the Tikka and I would have had to wait for 6mths for the Tikka. I had a play with a demo tikka and liked it but preferred the feel of the Ruger and with the Ruger I can get spare mags more readily.
Some of the price increase will be down to the drop in the £ to $ exchange rate.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#17 Post by phaedra1106 »

Indeed, but there's not been a 40% drop since last year, it's currently about 8% lower than when I bought mine.

The € is about 12% lower, prices for the Nosler bullets I get from Germany have risen by about the same amount but still a lot cheaper than they are here :)
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)