Current Schultz & Larsen Rifles

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Oddbod

Current Schultz & Larsen Rifles

#1 Post by Oddbod »

Does anyone have experience of these?
I'll be in the market for a couple of rifles after Christmas & am quite taken with the look of their Victory & Ambassador offerings.
I've read all the available stuff online & watched various videos but there's nothing like hearing from someone who has had some extensive trigger time with one.
I'm primarily looking at 22-250 & .270 calibres, though adding a .375 Ruger is likely for a trip to Zim in 2019.
Any input would be appreciated.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Current Schultz & Larsen Rifles

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

The Viking has an M97DL Sporter in 6,5-284 and I have shot it fair amount, plus we have both visited the factory. What would you like to know?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#3 Post by meles meles »

Yes ooman: we 'as a S&L Traveller in 7.92x57. Crackin' good bit of kit: awesomely accurate (can hold its own against a dedicated target rifle if you don't blaze away until the barrel heats up), very stylish, easy to use barrel change feature that returns to zero.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Oddbod

#4 Post by Oddbod »

Ovenpaa wrote:The Viking has an M97DL Sporter in 6,5-284 and I have shot it fair amount, plus we have both visited the factory. What would you like to know?
Are fit & finish as good as reviews make out?
Is the barrel fully floated (some reviews say yes, some no).
Is accuracy as described?
Are they nicely balanced?
Any feed or ejection glitches?

I wouldn't mind visiting the factory - might do that in the new year if they're amenable (I'm presuming it's the one in Hørning).

Thanks
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#5 Post by meles meles »

Faultless...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

meles meles wrote:Faultless...
+1 Absolutely faultless and yes the barrels are fully floated, the receivers are lightly glass bedded by the factory (Or where) Trigger is superb and easily adjusted if required. I cannot say too much about them.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Oddbod

#7 Post by Oddbod »

Ta much
I'm off to the US next week until mid November but when I get back, I'll see if I can arrange to visit the factory, especially as some good news came in the post yesterday, so I now have slots for three rifles to fill (I have to sell an AI AX-13 first though...).
I'll have to sit down & work out exactly what I want, then see if they can do it & what the lead time will be.
Fortunately, I'm the patient type who wants things right, rather than immediately.
ats4603
Home club or Range: Kynamco

#8 Post by ats4603 »

Hello

Do any of the available barrels fit the Victory stock? Specifically, does the barrel cut-out need to be relieved to take the heavier barrels?

Thanks.
Oddbod

#9 Post by Oddbod »

ats4603 wrote:Hello

Do any of the available barrels fit the Victory stock? Specifically, does the barrel cut-out need to be relieved to take the heavier barrels?

Thanks.
I think the answer is yes & no but I suggest you email Alan Rhone & ask him. He's answered a couple of questions about S&L for me in a most timely manner.

I'm pretty much set on buying three S&L rifles & adding a .375 Ruger barrel & bolt later next year when I get my plains game hunt plans finalised.