Mauser Trigger

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Jim DiGriz
Home club or Range: FCSA (UK)

Mauser Trigger

#1 Post by Jim DiGriz »

I have a Mauser M24/47 the trigger is a bit agricultural to say the least and I'm tending to snatch. I have been looking at the timney website and they do not list one for this varient.

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket trigger, if so which one?

Thanks

Jim
Jim DiGriz

Re: Mauser Trigger

#2 Post by Jim DiGriz »

Sod, can a grown up move this into the full bore rifle bit.

Thanks
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#3 Post by WelshShooter »

You're on about the Yugoslavian Mauser right? I have a Yugoslavian M48 and I know that there are some triggers (Timney, Huber) which fit, but require the removal of some wood to do so.

Alternatively, you have Bix'n Andy, Huber, Jewell and some others I can't think of to check out.

Did you get your rifle in an unfurled condition, covered in cosmoline? If so, I would double and triple check that all the cosmoline has been removed from the trigger group area. You can use lighter fluid to clean out the trigger group area too. Do you suspect that the metal is too coarse, and therefore creating too much friction? What is the trigger pull you are currently getting, if you have the tool to measure this?
Jim DiGriz

#4 Post by Jim DiGriz »

Yes it's a yugo, i emailed Timney and they said that they didn't make one for the M24, however I may prod one of the technical bods for a more detailed answer.

My rifle arrived as a block of cosmoline :) Stipped right down and immersed in boiling water with the cosmoline skimmed off the top, trigger group is clean however the rifle still seems to produce cosmoline even after 6 years of regular shooting.

First stage take up is fine but second stage is just a wall that feels like I need to haul on it, I apply more and more pressure but bugger all happens until I give it a yank, a visual inspection show no obvious burrs or rough patches.

I will aquire a weight gauge and get some objective measurements.

Thanks

Jim
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by Pete »

I have a Davies trigger on my Musgrave (which is a Mauser). a nice crisp two-stager.

www.daviestriggers.com.au

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Jim DiGriz

#6 Post by Jim DiGriz »

Thanks for that link, I've emailed to see what they can do.

I'm taking the mauser to Bisley this weekend, but have a feeling I'm not going to get off the FCSA stand. :)