Optic for CSR

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

Re: Optic for CSR

#11 Post by Racalman »

A few years ago I bought a used Acog from these people:

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/trijicon ... -186-c.asp

It cost £350 and had been bashed around a bit by the Met police, but the glass is superb.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#12 Post by safetyfirst »

That’s a link to five out of stock scopes.
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#13 Post by Racalman »

It was just an indication of prices. You have to phone and ask when they will have any in stock.
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#14 Post by Maggot »

Racalman wrote:A few years ago I bought a used Acog from these people:

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/trijicon ... -186-c.asp

It cost £350 and had been bashed around a bit by the Met police, but the glass is superb.
You dont see many ACOGs out there for some reason.
Lancs_Oakley
Home club or Range: Diggle

#15 Post by Lancs_Oakley »

So just an update I went with a primary arms 1-8 with ACSS to start with.

Might drop down to a fixed 4.5 power at some point but see how I go first with this.
Maggot

#16 Post by Maggot »

Lancs_Oakley wrote:So just an update I went with a primary arms 1-8 with ACSS to start with.

Might drop down to a fixed 4.5 power at some point but see how I go first with this.
Looks rather good that if you were shooting a DMR. I was looking at the Trijicon accufire but binned the idea when I shot a few rounds through it because the ret was just too cluttered and as I shoot SO, I wont need the rest of the mag.

I use an old Elcan Specter DR and a new Steiner M5Xi on my new BAR10 which is simply as basic ballistic ladder and a dot.

If you shoot in SO, make sure it is set to 4.5 and can easilly be moved, a bit of bright tape ONO :good:

Sounds great, were you shooting this weekend in the league?
Lancs_Oakley
Home club or Range: Diggle

#17 Post by Lancs_Oakley »

Yes first outing at the weekend, quite happy overall just getting some rounds down range to start with.
Went into practical so I could get some dope at higher power and verify my previous zero. Shot well but was very, very windy (40+mph gusts) and I also managed to forget to peg it to 8x at one point so had it on about 4 power by mistake for about 30% of the match :/

I think there are 2 more matches this year so will stick with practical and then pin it to 4.5 for next year and see how it goes. I am shooting just for fun really so not taking it too serious.
Maggot

#18 Post by Maggot »

Lancs_Oakley wrote:Yes first outing at the weekend, quite happy overall just getting some rounds down range to start with.
Went into practical so I could get some dope at higher power and verify my previous zero. Shot well but was very, very windy (40+mph gusts) and I also managed to forget to peg it to 8x at one point so had it on about 4 power by mistake for about 30% of the match :/

I think there are 2 more matches this year so will stick with practical and then pin it to 4.5 for next year and see how it goes. I am shooting just for fun really so not taking it too serious.
Usually 2 matches per day, so 4 left unless they split one AM/PM (TBC).

4 power is not an issue at longer ranges when you consider that people will out shoot you with irons ;)
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

#19 Post by JSC »

4 power is not really an issue even back to 600 yards, but at the further distances the thickness and type of reticle comes into play. The lines and style of cross hair/dot can be too big for precise placement on the target (that's if you're trying to get them in the middle, rather than just somewhere on the target!)
Maggot

#20 Post by Maggot »

JSC wrote:4 power is not really an issue even back to 600 yards, but at the further distances the thickness and type of reticle comes into play. The lines and style of cross hair/dot can be too big for precise placement on the target (that's if you're trying to get them in the middle, rather than just somewhere on the target!)
Yep. Choose wisely ;)