SGC new lever rifle

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

Re: SGC new lever rifle

#41 Post by Geek »

Blackstuff wrote:Maximising sales is always going to be the name of the game. A pistol calibre gun is going to be able to be used on far more ranges than a rifle calibre one in the UK. 9mm and 45ACP are the most commonly available and popular rounds for pistol calibre box magazine fed guns.
What about .38SP, .357 magnum or even .44 magnum as used in underlever rifles?
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Tacticool
Home club or Range: EMMR

#42 Post by Tacticool »

I love the innovation, but if you are going lever action - do it properly. Henry all weather with a rail on it or Marlin CSBL for the modern look.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#43 Post by Blackstuff »

Geek wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:Maximising sales is always going to be the name of the game. A pistol calibre gun is going to be able to be used on far more ranges than a rifle calibre one in the UK. 9mm and 45ACP are the most commonly available and popular rounds for pistol calibre box magazine fed guns.
What about .38SP, .357 magnum or even .44 magnum as used in underlever rifles?
'Normal' underlevers don't use box magazines. If this gun, or any other that uses a box magazine was to be made in one of the calibres you mention the maker would either need to source a magazine it could use as a donor or design and make their own, which can get as costly and time consuming as making the gun itself. Why do that when there are off-the-shelf time/competition/combat proven magazines ready to go in fairly popular cartridges already? i.e. Glock 9mm and .45ACP magazines. There are some .38/.357 and .44mag magazines out there, such as for the Desert Eagle and other semi-auto handguns but none so readily available and cheap as Glock
DVC
Rem260

#44 Post by Rem260 »

Make it another fast firing full bore rifle and watch how quickly all under levers will be banned.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#45 Post by Ovenpaa »

Rem260 wrote:Make it another fast firing full bore rifle and watch how quickly all under levers will be banned.
Hehe, it is hard to disagree with a statement like this.

There was a MARS/Black gun owner down the range earlier this week rattling off rounds at an incredible rate before he moved onto a semi auto .22LR ARish clone thing which he was also managing to dump mags with at an impressive rate of fire. I know we all enjoy what we shoot and no doubt the general opinion is it is our right to do whatever we want with our legally owned firearms as long as it is within the law however, I would expect the average unknowing easily offended member of the general public to probably end up with PTSD if they had been walking past.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#46 Post by Mike357 »

Dave, as I read through the thread thats exactly what I thought. it will just lead to a ban on Marlins, Winchesters, Henrys etc.

Damned if you damned if you don't.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!