7.62/.308 or 7.62x39?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: 7.62/.308 or 7.62x39?

#101 Post by Sim G »

Why wouldn’t someone be able to? Semi WMR rifles are perfectly legal in any police authority, regardless of “style”. The issue would actually be finding one that works reliably....

Has that really been the crux of this whole thread? Did you think that a semi WMR would only be available to an authority for .22 RF? Having owned a number of WMRs, including semis, a WMR variation was required. And semi WMR are permitted because it is a .22 calibered rimfire cartridge, but of it’s own designation and not within the established generic group...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Fedaykin
Home club or Range: Cawdor

#102 Post by Fedaykin »

TRG-22 wrote:
Fedaykin wrote: Good.

No more totally evidence-free imputations from you that I am lying.
Nothing I wrote was evidence free you arrogant prat! Quite the reverse, it is based upon plenty of ACTUAL EXPERIENCE! I am not calling you a liar just woefully ignorant of the subject you profess to want to talk about.

You are a wind up merchant, nothing more or less.

Join a club and try to get a FAC or ship off!
I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz.
I have lived 300 years...

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
full of mystery and intrigue,
rich in irony, and most satirical.
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#103 Post by TRG-22 »

No, that's not the crux, nor is the AR-15-alike aspect, it was just an example.

I don't think I have got it wrong when I say that there are those who believe that the spirit of the law is that .22RF means .22short/long/LR because of the history of miniature rifles, and that it is cheating to use ".22RF" to include all .22" rimfire types. If I have I apologise, if I haven't I'm not looking to restart any shin-kicking here.

But a bad example, because, as you say, they are perfectly legal everywhere.

The point I was trying to make is that if in a particular authority a shooter can have a designation on his FAC which is 100% legal but not what some people think should be legal, my attitude is "good luck to them", not "I personally think that interpretation of the law is wrong and therefore they are cheating".
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#104 Post by Alpha1 »

My advice to you guys is to go to your friends list as I have done and unfriend him. I can not see any of his posts and that suits me down to the ground the guy is a nut job.
Eventually this thread will be blocked any way. I,m surprised it is taking so long my posts get blocked over night on a regular basis.
Its easy to get rid of him as I say just block him.

I will be surprised if this post is still here in the morning.
TRG-22

#105 Post by TRG-22 »

I really don't see why I should have to put up with this, to just sit here and take it. Am I really to go away because some people are so unpleasant that they think that anybody who has the temerity to disagree with them is fair game for being insulted and traduced? Am I really to worry that if I stick up for myself it will just make things worse?

What do you do with bullies, try to appease them, or fight back? What's the ethos of the forum - the sort of thing I'm getting here, or the sort of thing it says here: https://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36 ?

I've had disagreements with at least one person in this thread, and a mix-up with another due to my own f-up, which I admitted and apologised for.

Somehow I've managed to do it without petulantly demanding apologies, or calling people tossers or arrogant prats.

So what now? Shut up so that those who insult me don't have to carry on doing it? Kinda feels like that is letting the bullies win. Take the fight to them and end up in a cycle of off-topic, derailing posts all because they cannot or will not behave properly? Report them to teacher?
Fedaykin wrote:I have nothing more to say to you.
Apart from insults.

Fedaykin wrote:Nothing I wrote was evidence free you arrogant prat!
Yes it was:
Fedaykin wrote:You are clearly here to wind people up

And now you've done it again.
Fedaykin wrote:You are a wind up merchant, nothing more or less.

Fedaykin wrote:I am not calling you a liar
If I say that I am not here just to wind people up, if I say that I am not trolling, then any assertion that I am doing those things can only mean that the person making that assertion does not believe my denials, i.e. does not believe that I am being truthful.

What's the word used to describe people who say things which are untrue?

Every time you accuse me of being a wind-up merchant you are accusing me of being a liar.

Join a club and try to get a FAC or ship off!
Once those boxes are ticked, I will still not agree that you are right to impugn the honesty of those who take a different view to you of what the "spirit" of the law means they should do, I will still not be lying when I say I'm not trolling or trying to wind people up, and I will still not be happy to passively remain silent when called an arrogant prat.

Once those boxes are ticked will you stop being insulting?
TRG-22

#106 Post by TRG-22 »

Alpha1 wrote:I can not see any of his posts and that suits me down to the ground
I wonder if anybody will ask you why it suits you to nevertheless pass comment on things you haven't seen.

Alpha1 wrote:the guy is a nut job.
Oh look - more insults.

Alpha1 wrote:my posts get blocked over night on a regular basis.
I wonder why.
TRG-22

#107 Post by TRG-22 »

And that really is it with responding to the pickers of fights.

I'll happily discuss the subject related topics with anybody who wants to be civil, but to those who don't, well, just carry on ranting, it will say a lot more about you than it will about me.