Desert tech SRS A2

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Musclebob

Desert tech SRS A2

#1 Post by Musclebob »

Has anyone got one of these? I’m looking at getting one and I’m always a bit skeptical about gun magazine reviews.

If you do own one, would you mind answering a couple of questions?
How tricky is the bolt manipulation?
What’s it like to shoot from positions, standing, kneeling, sitting?
How reliable is the feeding, any problems with cycling it?

Thanks
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Desert tech SRS A2

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have always fancied the DTA version in 5,62x52. I have made parts for them, shot alongside them and the importer even offered me a go on his own rifle, I just never got around to it. They looked comfortable and efficient enough shot prone and kneeling and accuracy was not in question at 1000/1200 yards. (Barton Road)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
RDC

#3 Post by RDC »

Doesn't the talking badger have one?
Cj10

#4 Post by Cj10 »

I have the original SRS and it works for me ergonomically.

No issues either with bolt manipulation or feeding. Nice balance weight wise making it easy to shoot prone or sitting. With magnum calibres I would recommend a moderator rather than brake, due to the closer proximity the barrel has to other shooters when compared to non bullpup rifles.

Ceri
Musclebob

#5 Post by Musclebob »

I’m tossing up replacing my AI with one, because the AI, while a lovely rifle, is just too heavy to shoot standing. Just nervous about buying without seeing if it works for me.
Cj10

#6 Post by Cj10 »

Musclebob wrote:I’m tossing up replacing my AI with one, because the AI, while a lovely rifle, is just too heavy to shoot standing. Just nervous about buying without seeing if it works for me.
Do you shoot CSR? Thought I may have seen your name on the CSR forum. If so, I’m happy to bring the DTA to one of the winter league matches. Assuming we end up with a winter league this year.

Ceri
Musclebob

#7 Post by Musclebob »

Cj10 wrote: Do you shoot CSR? Thought I may have seen your name on the CSR forum. If so, I’m happy to bring the DTA to one of the winter league matches. Assuming we end up with a winter league this year.

Ceri
Yes, that's me.

I'm moving on from the UK, so selling my BAR, which I can't take to NZ anymore. I'm looking at the DTA as it seems like a good compromise to shoot Practical Optic, while being manageable for positional shooting, unlike the AI.

Probably means I won't shoot the winter league this year (unless the house sale falls through), but planning to return for the imperial.

If they relax restrictions enough to shoot at Bisley, and we could coordinate, it would be good to see one in the flesh of possible.
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#8 Post by meles meles »

Ours is the SRS A1 and we have barrels for it in .243", .308", .338" and 6.5mm Norsqueagian.

With a short barrel, 16", and a moderator it's very useful for use in a confined space such as hide or a vehicle. With a long barrel - 30 " - it's still a very manageable rifle. They are quite heavy but that tames the .338" recoil. No problems with the ergonomics but then we were brought up on bullpups. They are very rugged, you'll struggle to break one. The standard trigger is surprisingly good and truly awesome if you let Norman Clark sprinkle his magic pixie dust over it.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Cj10

#9 Post by Cj10 »

Musclebob wrote:
Cj10 wrote: Do you shoot CSR? Thought I may have seen your name on the CSR forum. If so, I’m happy to bring the DTA to one of the winter league matches. Assuming we end up with a winter league this year.

Ceri
Yes, that's me.

I'm moving on from the UK, so selling my BAR, which I can't take to NZ anymore. I'm looking at the DTA as it seems like a good compromise to shoot Practical Optic, while being manageable for positional shooting, unlike the AI.

Probably means I won't shoot the winter league this year (unless the house sale falls through), but planning to return for the imperial.

If they relax restrictions enough to shoot at Bisley, and we could coordinate, it would be good to see one in the flesh of possible.

I’m only really down at Bisley for CSR, I’m afraid. Will be there if the mini CSR Imperial happens in September. I suspect that is quite unlikely now though.

Ceri
Musclebob

#10 Post by Musclebob »

Well, I got one. Shoots very nicely.