Did someone mention lever action?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Did someone mention lever action?

#31 Post by Sim G »

Blackstuff wrote:
That said its at least 5 years since I've had any contact so maybe he's turned things around teanews lol lol lol O:-)

I too have had three SGC rifles in the past, the first I bought with some of the 30 pieces of silver given in handgun compensation.... no, his approach to his customers was the same then and I can't imagine for a second he's turned anything around! But for a long time he was "the only game in town"...

One of the funniest things I saw with Bob, was at Phoenix and he was in his usual spot. Mark Bradley, who I'd known for years and before he starting building guns, got a table no more than 10 yards from SGC.... made everyone laugh except one!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#32 Post by shugie »

Sim G wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:
That said its at least 5 years since I've had any contact so maybe he's turned things around teanews lol lol lol O:-)

I too have had three SGC rifles in the past, the first I bought with some of the 30 pieces of silver given in handgun compensation.... no, his approach to his customers was the same then and I can't imagine for a second he's turned anything around! But for a long time he was "the only game in town"...

One of the funniest things I saw with Bob, was at Phoenix and he was in his usual spot. Mark Bradley, who I'd known for years and before he starting building guns, got a table no more than 10 yards from SGC.... made everyone laugh except one!
That I would have enjoyed watching, having bought a gun from Mark, he was quite the character.
Careful now/that sort of thing
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#33 Post by poll007 »

Sim G wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:
But for a long time he was "the only game in town"...
to be fair he once again is the only game in town and assuming he patented the action he may remain so for quite some time.

Though i would certainly like to see if someone else can come up with a similar lever action system with detachable magazine
Sim G
Past Supporter

#34 Post by Sim G »

SGCs first foray into “lever action” wasn’t a success due to its awkwardness. Likewise, I’m not sure this will be such a raving success, lever guns don’t lend themselves to hard primary extraction.

But, despite the unapproachable demeanour of the man, he certainly can’t be knocked for his innovation or quality of product. Personally, I’m going to wait for a Lantac straight pull 9mm
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
shugie
Past Supporter

#35 Post by shugie »

Sim G wrote:SGCs first foray into “lever action” wasn’t a success due to its awkwardness. Likewise, I’m not sure this will be such a raving success, lever guns don’t lend themselves to hard primary extraction.

But, despite the unapproachable demeanour of the man, he certainly can’t be knocked for his innovation or quality of product. Personally, I’m going to wait for a Lantac straight pull 9mm
I get the sense that might be a long wait (as a newbie at GEC Hirst I recall getting sent to stores for a long weight) but it raises an interesting question, which is the faster to operate for the faster gallery rifle events, straight pull, conventional lever action or this SGC version?
markd290

#36 Post by markd290 »

Very interesting looking!

Any chance of a quick video to see what it looks like in action?
GlockworkOrange
Home club or Range: Parkstone Gun Club

#37 Post by GlockworkOrange »

I don't suppose anybody else has bought one of these? I've got a 9mm slot and I'm struggling to decide between one of these and a straight-pull. I have yet to see the SGC in action and as far as I can see Shooting Supplies are the only retailer selling them.
JammyGuns

#38 Post by JammyGuns »

There's a vid of someone shooting one on youtube - action looks very smooth. Haven't seen one in the flesh though.
shugie
Past Supporter

#39 Post by shugie »

GlockworkOrange wrote:I don't suppose anybody else has bought one of these? I've got a 9mm slot and I'm struggling to decide between one of these and a straight-pull. I have yet to see the SGC in action and as far as I can see Shooting Supplies are the only retailer selling them.
Seems SGC is the only source for 9mm straight pull, Lantac seem to have gone quiet about theirs, and I'm not sure if Calibre Innovations are still doing their 9mm Ciscar. I tried one of the prototypes and it was nice to shoot, if a bit longer in the barrel than I would chose, but it had an irksome habit of spinning the empty cartridge through 180 degrees to jam in the magazine (Uzi).
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#40 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

shugie wrote:Seems SGC is the only source for 9mm straight pull, Lantac seem to have gone quiet about theirs, and I'm not sure if Calibre Innovations are still doing their 9mm Ciscar.
There's talk on the Facebook Lever Release page about a Schmeisser one coming out (as in a Schmeisser AR15 style).
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.