Mossberg MVP Predator

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

Mossberg MVP Predator

#1 Post by redcat »

Anyone shoot one of these in .223?

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Landrover 130
Home club or Range: North Cotes

Re: Mossberg MVP Predator

#2 Post by Landrover 130 »

I have one, takes the standard AR15 pmag mags which can be had fairly cheaply from Brownells uk

Only had chance to shoot it once so far just to get an initial zero on the 25yd range at North Cotes and with lockdown and work not had chance again yet but its a nice rifle and im sure it is much more capable than i am
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

Yep we've got one, as stated shoots from a standard AR mag.
Fluted barrel and bolt, and a decent trigger.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#4 Post by DaveB »

Yes, I have one too. Love the fact that it uses AR mags. I also really like that laminated stock.

I initially bought it as a replacement Service Rifle (now that the damned government has stolen our ARs) and bunny gun, but it turned out to be just a bit heavier than I like for that purpose. I found it actually groups well enough that I have put a long-range suitable scope on it (Vortex Viper PST II 5 - 25 x 50) and an ASE-Utra SL5i suppressor. I have also replaced the factory trigger which I found disconcerting, with a Timney, I simply do not like these blade-within-a-trigger systems, though I seem to be in the minority. I will now use it for shoots out to 600 yards/metres, largely replacing my elderly Savage 110 FP for that purpose. While the Savage shoots well, the 1-in-9 twist is a bit marginal for 77 grain ammo, and I really never did like that blind magazine.

It's a worthwhile rifle to have, if you are considering one.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

York Guns are/were advertising them at GBP499.00 which is a real bargain.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#6 Post by redcat »

Thanks, guys.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

#7 Post by J4mes »

Does anyone shoot the scout or patrol versions? My home range is only 50 yards so I try to shoot standing, short barrel and with iron sights, which these have.

Have a .223/5.56 slot open at the minute!