Accuracy international AE 6.5x47, what is it worth?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Accuracy international AE 6.5x47, what is it worth?

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have not shot my AI in over a year now and probably will not shoot it in the coming year with the MoD ranges being closed. In fact it has been used for Rabbiting most recently. So time to go...
It is an AE Mk1 with a Border 6,5x47 Lap barrel currently fitted and a 7,62x51 Border with 200 rounds on it that can go back on. The 6,5 is screw-cut and has a bespoke over barrel sound moderator. The 'scope is the single turn 4-16 PMII with one piece 28 Minute AI mount. It is used and knocked around the edges and put 4 out of 5 shots in a 5" bull at 1200 yards a couple of years ago. It also knocks down Rabbits at 1000 yards from time to time so it does shoot.

It is currently fitted with the prototype CG M22 trigger and I have the original which was re-sprung and stoned a while ago.

Now the big question, what is it worth and should I sell it as one of break the parts.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Accuracy international AE 6.5x47, what is it worth?

#2 Post by Sim G »

Never sell it as a package, split it up. AE Mk1, £2K Mark I’d have thought.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#3 Post by Geek »

As the saying goes it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay or it. In my opinion, less than an AT. I tried to purchase an AT on here a couple of years ago for £2500. Just missed it to TattooedGun (if I recall correctly).

Without wishing to be too negative, I would have thought that most people would want an AT due to the switch barrel facility, therefore, less call for AE's. However, good luck with the sale.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#4 Post by Dellboy »

2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Splash
Home club or Range: Bisley

#5 Post by Splash »

I Sold one 7.62 x51 earlier this year with s&b scope mint condition 600 rounds for £2200