Tactical stocks

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

mikygpu
Home club or Range: W&DRC, LCRPC, NRA, NSRA, FCSA, Bisley range, Lydd45 and other where I am permitted to shoot

Tactical stocks

#1 Post by mikygpu »

Hi All
I have few rifles I would like to put in Tactical stocks. Why? Because I am ex-army and everything should be in tactical :D:D:D:D
1. One Mauser action 30-06 Target rifle.
2. A DG .308 in their 2014 chassis which I would like it to be in a bit more tactical comfortable stuff. Mainly is the cheek piece I need advice on. I'll 3d print it.
3. a Ruger or a Remi LA in .338WinMag. I need either a tactical for Ruger LA or a barrel and action for Remi as neither are readily available here in UK under £1200

So, My questions are:
Which tactical that doesn't break the bank?
What bedding?
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"
Socrates

I am here to learn!
Nobody was born knowledgeable...Except Jesus!
And maybe...just maybe...I might know something that some don't...like Romanian and Portuguese languages O:-)
The Gun Pimp

Re: Tactical stocks

#2 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Most 'tactical-style' stocks tend to be CNC aluminium these days.

MDT probably offer the best value. But, check out this one if you're serious http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/?p=3506

Most of these stocks tend to cater for actions close to the Remmy 700 footprint but can often be machined and/or bedded to take something a little different.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

What is a DG?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
mikygpu
Home club or Range: W&DRC, LCRPC, NRA, NSRA, FCSA, Bisley range, Lydd45 and other where I am permitted to shoot

#4 Post by mikygpu »

Ovenpaa wrote:What is a DG?
Dolphin Gun

The Gun Pimp wrote:Most 'tactical-style' stocks tend to be CNC aluminium these days.

MDT probably offer the best value. But, check out this one if you're serious http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/?p=3506

Most of these stocks tend to cater for actions close to the Remmy 700 footprint but can often be machined and/or bedded to take something a little different.
Thanks for that.
Socrates

I am here to learn!
And maybe...just maybe...I might know something that some don't...like Romanian and Portuguese languages O:-)
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

If the action is a Remington/Remington clone you have a very wide choice, if it is something else, then not so much so.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
RDC

#6 Post by RDC »

It will no doubt be scoffed at by some, but there is an archangel stock for the K98 mauser that fits variants of.

https://promagindustries.com/archangel- ... -magazine/
mikygpu

#7 Post by mikygpu »

Ovenpaa wrote:If the action is a Remington/Remington clone you have a very wide choice, if it is something else, then not so much so.
It is a Sportco action. I've tried loading some pics, however they are 4,5MB and won't load up. However Mik at DG was very scarce in terms of info when I have asked him the full description of the gun.

The 10-06 is a Mauser long action. I presume it is a magnum type 98.
Socrates

I am here to learn!
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

RDC wrote:It will no doubt be scoffed at by some, but there is an archangel stock for the K98 mauser that fits variants of.

It reminds me vaguely of a Magpul and looks rather good, especially at that price!
/d

Shed Journal
RDC

#9 Post by RDC »

Ovenpaa wrote:
RDC wrote:It will no doubt be scoffed at by some, but there is an archangel stock for the K98 mauser that fits variants of.

It reminds me vaguely of a Magpul and looks rather good, especially at that price!
I have the same stock for a different action and it's a solid bit of kit to be fair to it. Also helpful as it allows for removable mags!
BamBam

#10 Post by BamBam »

To blow the budget for a Rem 700 footprint, I got one of these.