A Dolphin Gun or not a Dolphin Gun??? That is the Question..

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: A Dolphin Gun or not a Dolphin Gun??? That is the Questi

#31 Post by Sim G »

Remington have two...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
RDC

#32 Post by RDC »

Pete wrote:£650, so at the end of the day, if it shoots, who really gives a s**t?

The reference to Remington came up, I think, in another discussion about the same rifle. Something to do with it having three lugs. I don't know anything about Remingtons........

Pete
650 for this, a 10/22 and some reloading gear.

Originally the seller was after something like £850 just for the rifle but was desperate to sell because I th I k they were moving abroad or something. A quick search on UKV for Sportco brings up a few of the sale threads.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#33 Post by Alpha1 »

TattooedGun wrote:User no longer exists... were they deleted or left from shame of being scammed?
I wanted to see if they went back to the original seller and questioned the description?!
What surprised me was the fact that he said he was trading as a Registered Fire arms dealer(RFD) yet seemed to know very little about firearms or the role of an RFD. It makes me wonder how he managed to become a RFD in the first place.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#34 Post by Dark Skies »

Alpha1 wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:User no longer exists... were they deleted or left from shame of being scammed?
I wanted to see if they went back to the original seller and questioned the description?!
What surprised me was the fact that he said he was trading as a Registered Fire arms dealer(RFD) yet seemed to know very little about firearms or the role of an RFD. It makes me wonder how he managed to become a RFD in the first place.
Call me cynical but he reminded me a bit of that 'book researcher' chap that wanted to know the ins and outs of laying his mitts on firearms as a foreign visitor.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#35 Post by dromia »

See my last post in this thread:

https://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=39732

"No idea what you mean by "scalding".

Your paranoia is telling.

You ramble on about free speech but only seem to want it one way. This forum is not "MeWe"!

You say that you wish learn but when things are brought to your attention about your ignorance on the subject you take exception.

Legal gun ownership in this country is on its last legs, we are helpless against a strong institutional and societal anti gun agenda combined with at best political indifference. Our "national" bodies are self serving, divisive and destructive, so in this climate it is little wonder that responsible legal gun owners are very chary when left of field "enthusiasts" appear flooding the forum with leading questions fishing for members opinions, especially when you are not the first we have had of this kind recently.

The fundamental dubiousness of your approach to your aspirations is that you are wishing to seek opinions when what you need is more factual, such questions would be better asked of a professional body such as the Gun Trade Association.

The fact that by your own admission I am not the first person to have expressed perturbation as to your posts here should be looked upon positively and not with negativism.

To that end to allow you time to reflect 'pon this and your manner a break with this forum is in order."

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/