Lantac Straight Pull 9mm

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Lantac Straight Pull 9mm

#11 Post by Sim G »

So does that mean if you wanted to you could fit a adaptor mag well block and use Glock mags?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
BamBam

#12 Post by BamBam »

Blackstuff wrote:
BamBam wrote:There are 2 types of Endomag, the 9INE uses the ejector on the bolt, as per any other AR-15.
goodjob

Good to hear, I know a couple of people who are thinking of getting one and frankly I didn't want to be anywhere near one if it couldn't be cleared without a magazine inserted like the one in the Youtube video! :run:
That's because they use a blowback bolt without a dedicated 9mm lower, Like Lone Wolf etc which has a steel ejector attached.
For obvious reasons you can't convert a blowback rifle to straight pull as the breech doesn't stay closed after firing.
BamBam

#13 Post by BamBam »

Sim G wrote:So does that mean if you wanted to you could fit a adaptor mag well block and use Glock mags?
Only if there's a feedramp on the magwell adapter that doesn't foul the feedramp on the barrel extension. Will lose the last round hold open as the AR bolt catch has nothing to engage it.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#14 Post by shugie »

Was putting some rounds through mine on Melville yesterday, and when everyone had finished I tried firing my short barrel 9NE from a rest at 50 yards with Prvi ammo from the range office. Nice grouping, I would have liked the barrel a bit shorter without the flash hider to improve the balance, ARs can be barrel heavy which is not ideal for gallery rifle.
Careful now/that sort of thing
BamBam

#15 Post by BamBam »

Change to a storage stock and fit some counter weights?