Unique Alpine UPG-1

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Sonofsammo

Unique Alpine UPG-1

#1 Post by Sonofsammo »

Has anyone got one of these, or had experience of one?
I'm currently looking for a 308 and this was suggested to me to add to my shortlist, but I can't find much information/user reviews on it.
Any help would be most welcome.

thankssign
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Unique Alpine UPG-1

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have worked on an older TPG1 and thought it was average and rather expensive. Beware, as there are Unique, Unique Alpine and Alpine rifles and they are all completely different.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sonofsammo

#3 Post by Sonofsammo »

A UPG-1 comes in at much less than the TPg - they're around £1800, which is what got me interested.
It's around the same price as a Tikka T3x Tac A1, which is already on my shortlist.
dta europe

#4 Post by dta europe »

Hi there, I have sent you a PM ref the UPG-1

regards
Mike 01
Home club or Range: Bisley

#5 Post by Mike 01 »

Hi, has anyone got direct experience of the UPG-1 that they are able to share? In particular, I'm interested in how the UPG-1 stacks up against the Tikka TAC A1 in terms of build quality / accuracy / reliability? I handled one recently at my RFD and thought it seemed comparable to the TAC A1. Thanks.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#6 Post by phaedra1106 »

To be honest in the sub-18/900 range there's very little that can match the Tac A1 for build quality,

I have Tikka, Sabatti and Bergara rifles in that price range and previously had the Ruger RPR. Out of all of them the Tac A1 stands head and shoulders above the rest, the bolt/action alone is worth purchasing it for!.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
stottycake
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Tcsc,.gardners guns,

#7 Post by stottycake »

Totally agree on the tik tac,I had one and sold it ,due to personal reasons, I purchased another as soon is I could, absolutely love mine
Mike 01
Home club or Range: Bisley

#8 Post by Mike 01 »

Thanks for the comments on the TAC A1 - I agree it's a fine rifle and hard to beat in the price range. I have had a couple of years' use of a TAC A1 myself. However, I'd be really interested to hear if anyone has had direct experience of the Unique UPG-1?
Sim G
Past Supporter

#9 Post by Sim G »

A lady in our club has one. I reckon everyone has had a go. Of the rifle, not the lady…. She’s still the only one who owns one. It was not rated amongst seasoned riflemen.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Sim G »

phaedra1106 wrote:To be honest in the sub-18/900 range there's very little that can match the Tac A1 for build quality,

I have Tikka, Sabatti and Bergara rifles in that price range and previously had the Ruger RPR. Out of all of them the Tac A1 stands head and shoulders above the rest, the bolt/action alone is worth purchasing it for!.

Jeff, what did you make of the Bergara? Strangely enough, despite their popularity, I don’t know anyone with one.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!