The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:56 am 
Site Supporter Since 2015

Home club or Range: Hemswell Shooting Club. North Coates Butts UK. Grove Small Arms, Barton Road UK. Ulfborg Skyttecenter DK. BASC Trade Member
Switch barrel is not an option however I could be persuaded to look at a second barrel/bolt option so you could swap cartridges.

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Binbrook UK Live Weather

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:49 am 

Would you need a slot for a Long Barrel Pistol, as well as a slot for the suppressor, or does it count as a single unit?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:18 am 

Home club or Range: Hemswell Shooting Club. North Coates Butts UK. Grove Small Arms, Barton Road UK. Ulfborg Skyttecenter DK. BASC Trade Member
They will be a single unit so just one slot should be required.

Considering I have not even shown a picture so far I am delighted with the interest and in theory the first run of three is now spoken and that is without one for me so it certainly looks like I will be producing 12 of these.

As an aside, Home Office guidance on UK produced firearms require a year of manufacture on the receiver however they do not stipulate the exact nature of the serial, this means I can produce these with customer specific serial numbers if there was sufficient interest.

As an example:
14-MDJ001
14-SGR001

Right now it does not even have a name and is only referred to by the drawing number start sequence which is S145-1

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Binbrook UK Live Weather

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:35 am 

Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club
Why the limit of 12 David? Is this a legal/procedural thing or a personal one? Just for my own curiosity TBH.
Surely it should be called the FBP :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:42 am 

Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep
Go on OvenPaa ....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:43 am 

Capping it to 12 units is a production/manufacturing thing only, I have to tool up for the project, buy the materials in, build and Proof and a 101 other things and a build of a dozen is an economical number for me, less adds significantly to the cost, more means I direct a lot of time to producing stock that may sit on the shelf for a long while which is costly.

Shed Journal
Binbrook UK Live Weather

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:46 am 

Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club
That makes sense mate. I'm assuming you'd consider more than 12 with enough definite pre-orders?
I do like the .50BMG idea :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:55 am 

I can categorically state it will not be a .50BMG :lol:

The design simply does not lend itself to such a beast plus this is supposed to give reasonably low cost shooting with factory available ammunition AND with no issues if the owner chooses to load his own stuff.

I wanted to build something that would eat factory rounds at sub GBP20/100 which limits things, my original choice was .32ACP however ammunition is difficult to source in reasonable quantities so the cartridge list was extended to 9mm and .45ACP however I would still like to include the .32ACP on my list.

First build will be for one cartridge only and the leaning right now is .45ACP which is fine by me. I spent some time last night looking at the idea of conversion kits which is basically two components in their simplest form, a barrel and bolt assembly however this does allow for reduced/increased diameter baffles etc.

I will think some more on it.

Shed Journal
Binbrook UK Live Weather

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:13 am 

I'm interested...pending seeing the designs... :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:29 am 

Home club or Range: BRPC
Ok, so no .50BMG, but how about .223/5.56x45?

Ever since I played Fallout 3: New Vegas I've wanted a 5.56mm revolver...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next