Ruger Precision Rifle cleaning rod guides

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Ruger Precision Rifle cleaning rod guides

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

We have had a few enquiries for a SHED cleaning rod guide for the Ruger Precision Rifle so here it is, machined from 6082T6 with a polished finish the guide is a hefty 345,0mm/13.6" long and features an O ring let into the nose section to prevent the bleed back of fluid into the receiver.
Ruger solid guide.PNG
The guide is available in .308Win, .243Win and 6,5CM to cover all bases and I have already been asked for a guide for a .260Rem (!) Which we can of course machine, in fact if you are already thinking of re-barrelling your Ruger Precision Rifle we can supply a cleaning rod guide to suit any of the .308Win Bolt Face options.
Ruger guide.jpg
Here you can see a guide for the Ruger versus a guide of a Sako 85, quite a difference in size. All of our guides are gun drilled for a smoother bore and come with a spares kit of O rings and as usual carry our lifetime warranty and best of all the are UK produced and manufactured right here at the Shooting SHED :) Sadly my photographic skills have not improved and the combination of flash and sunshine have conspired to illuminate the most tiny of marks, they look a lot better in real life!

The guides will be added to the shop when I get a moment.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

Re: Ruger Precision Rifle cleaning rod guides

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have been asked what they look like fitted so here is one we made earlier and the feedback we received for the first ever build:
Tell Dave that the next three emails are photos of the fitted rod where I tried to get the Shooting Shed sticker in the pic....the rod is just about perfect, to me it is perfect, the cleaning rod goes in smoothly and no transition 'bump' going from the guide to the barrel....the guide fits with the smallest amount of movement (and I do mean the smallest, any tighter and is would snag on the way in), and of course you can not have an interference fit...
I would say bloody perfect, and I mean it, he got the dimension spot on....
Attachments
Guide fitted.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mgi
Home club or Range: Wareham Gun Club

#3 Post by Mgi »

What's the price and do you have them for all calibers?

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Available in .243Win, 6,6CM and .308Win they are GBP42.95 plus some shipping, they are machined from 6082 Aluminium and come with a Nitrile O ring in the nose section and a set of three spare rings. These are a UK designed and machined product by ourselves :p
/d

Shed Journal