Winchester 1894 carrier run

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Winchester 1894 carrier run

#11 Post by Dark Skies »

So, based on the interest so far what sort of money do you think you'll be asking per unit.

I have to say my Winnie has put many hundreds of rounds down ranges without issue so far - is there a date range when this is most likely a problem?
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

I'm guessing he will need a few more takers to make it worth his while. I have had my Trapper since the pistol ban I think it was my second purchase after they confiscated my hand guns. I have used and abused it over the years and I have managed to break one lifter. I wont ever part with it. The only problem now a days is if you do break one a replacement is rarer than rocking horse poo. My advice is if you have a Chinrester take Ovenpaa up on his offer. If he makes them in 316 stainless they will last you a life time.

Nothing to do with this thread but my first purchase after they stole my handguns was a stainless all singing all dancing Ruger 10/22 semi auto it lasted six months then I sold it to a farmer who wanted it for bunny bashing for half what I paid for it. A horrible thing. The third gun another mistake was a .44 black powder revolver I gave that away after about 50 rounds horrible things. Then I discovered Military rifles and suddenly my shooting was so much more fun.

Oops are yes Winchester lifters this is a opportunity of a life time I can vouch for the quality off his work if you own a Chinrester you should be queuing up for one of these.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

I would be happy to make in the region of 15-20 carriers as once set up I can just keep going, building a couple is not really viable. I have decided to build a good half a dozen for myself. I am not asking for a commitment at this stage, just an idea of numbers. The annoying thing is they are sub GBP50.00 in the USofA however they are all but impossible to bring in and always going to be vulnerable as they continue to be supplied in the same material.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#14 Post by Dark Skies »

Ovenpaa wrote:I would be happy to make in the region of 15-20 carriers as once set up I can just keep going, building a couple is not really viable. I have decided to build a good half a dozen for myself. I am not asking for a commitment at this stage, just an idea of numbers. The annoying thing is they are sub GBP50.00 in the USofA however they are all but impossible to bring in and always going to be vulnerable as they continue to be supplied in the same material.
Well I'm certainly interested in one - if just for peace of mind. If you have a spare the original will never break. :)
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

Dark Skies wrote:
Ovenpaa wrote:I would be happy to make in the region of 15-20 carriers as once set up I can just keep going, building a couple is not really viable. I have decided to build a good half a dozen for myself. I am not asking for a commitment at this stage, just an idea of numbers. The annoying thing is they are sub GBP50.00 in the USofA however they are all but impossible to bring in and always going to be vulnerable as they continue to be supplied in the same material.
Well I'm certainly interested in one - if just for peace of mind. If you have a spare the original will never break. :)
Oh it will break rest assured my friend it will usually when you are in the middle of a competition and if it breaks its game over because you will not find a replacement with out a great deal of grief.
Winchester owners need to support ovenpaa in this venture I will take two. I have been sat fondling the original monkey metal lifter and I wonder how you are going to copy it in stainless I need all the gory details if you go ahead with the project.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#16 Post by Andy632 »

Put me down for a couple.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
flamoudi
Home club or Range: CVPC Ashgill Scotland

#17 Post by flamoudi »

When mine broke several years ago I could only get a replacement sent from Canada as the USA wouldnt send me one.

Cost me upwards of £100 with postage and tax etc.

I've sold that rifle now and have Marlins because of the parts hassles (which made me sell it dead cheap!). But I will inform the bloke who bought my Winchester of your plans.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#18 Post by mag41uk »

I bet if you made 50 they would all sell.
Still quite a few around.
Put an ad on the gallery rifle forum and you would get some orders I am sure.
I could mention it on the Facebook gallery rifle page if you wish.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thank you for he offer however can you hold for a few days until I have worked out what they are going to cost. I will base it on a run of 25 given the interest :p
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Kevin
Home club or Range: LNER

Winchester 1894 carrier run

#20 Post by Kevin »

I'm interested in a couple of Winchester 1894 carrier run.
Kevin