Material offcuts

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Material offcuts

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

My offcuts bin is filling up again, mostly 6X and 7X aluminium and probably some bits of old barrels both stainless and carbon steel. Any one interested? All I ask is that you cover the postage or alternatively pop in if you are in the area and help yourself.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Material offcuts

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

i'm interested in any dia, need stuff to feed the lathe. I'm happy to pick up, but won't be up there until the 16th or so of Sept.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Not a problem, give me a shout when you have a date, I am sure there will be some bits here for you.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

Yes please Ill take the lot how much do you want for it I had a blast with the last lot I got from you I learned loads from just looking and playing with it on the lathe and mill.

I have actually just completed my first proper order for a job at my place of employment. A load of machined parts were ordered some of them CNC unfortunately the drawings were wrong and they did not fit. They were also quite expensive so to make them again would add a lot of money to the project. I looked at them and offered to modify them if my boss gave me the time off to spend in my home shop modifying them. They paid for all the milling, drilling lathe tools to do the job. I am quite impressed at how it turned out.
My boss is gob smacked. To be honest it done my head in it was so stress full having to get the tolerances right and knowing if I got it wrong the whole project would be stalled it put me off for life. In future I will keep my mouth shut and just do jobs for my self.
Alpha1

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

Actually thinking about it Im not so interested in the aluminium stuff. A couple of pieces of barrel off cuts would be good to practice muzzle threading and crowning on.
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

OK I will sort some bits out for you.
/d

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Let me know how much the postage is.
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Kungfugerbil »

Hi Dave,

I'd love some aluminium offcuts if possible please for lathe / milling practice. Stick whatever you can spare up to a tenner worth of postage and let me know how you want paying thankssign cheers

Mike
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

Kungfugerbil wrote:Hi Dave,

I'd love some aluminium offcuts if possible please for lathe / milling practice. Stick whatever you can spare up to a tenner worth of postage and let me know how you want paying thankssign cheers

Mike
Mike, send me your address please, PM or email are both OK. Are you limited to a maximum diameter? (It will probably all be 25,0mm and less however it is worth asking)
/d

Shed Journal