Rear Bag Riders

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Rear Bag Riders

#1 Post by TattooedGun »

So after my first foray into FTR shooting at "Birmingham Bisley" this weekend, it's become painfully clear that I need to get myself a bag rider and a decent rear bag.

The Shooting Shed rider will be the one I go with, however I'm looking at rear bags, and they all come in different sizes/gaps - So I'm wondering what the best combination of rear bag ear sizes are for the Shooting Shed Rear Bag Riders?

The SS website doesn't give any dimensions on the size of the rear rider bar so it's hard to judge what size of ears I should be looking for.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

TG
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Rear Bag Riders

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Our rear bag riders come in two basic diameters, 18,5mmm for all aluminium or 20,0mm for carbon/aluminium which is always the light weight option, typically a saving of 50 grams plus they look a bit more blingy if that is what you prefer. Other diameters are by special order and I can go to anything in aluminium or aluminium/carbon however with a weight penalty for larger sizes.

My experience is 18,5mm and 20,0mm both work well with SEB bags with the ears less densely packed than the body.

What rifle would this be for?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#3 Post by TattooedGun »

Ovenpaa wrote:Our rear bag riders come in two basic diameters, 18,5mmm for all aluminium or 20,0mm for carbon/aluminium which is always the light weight option, typically a saving of 50 grams plus they look a bit more blingy if that is what you prefer. Other diameters are by special order and I can go to anything in aluminium or aluminium/carbon however with a weight penalty for larger sizes.

My experience is 18,5mm and 20,0mm both work well with SEB bags with the ears less densely packed than the body.

What rifle would this be for?
AI AT. I'm not really after blingy - it's not an all out FTR rifle, I just want something more comfortable than trying to use the pistol grip stock like this weekend which was far too low with my squeeze bag... I don't need ultra expensive or weight sensitive - i had enough weight for a mod and weight left over due to the shorter barrel.

Unfortunately the SEB bags seem to come in different sizes:

https://www.1967spud.com/shop/f-class-b ... lick-ears/

Appears to be: 3/8" 1/2" 5/8"

i dunno which size would be correct with 18,5 or 20mm because I'm sure it doesn't want to grip the rider, but it doesn't want slack either side and I have no real world experience of what works best... :(
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

I would suggest the 5/8" which is just under 16,0mm and it is very worth speaking to Brian Fox as he usually does rear bags at very good prices.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#5 Post by TattooedGun »

Thanks David, do you have any AI AT rear riders on the shelf, or would it need to be made up?
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Hangers are made and anodised as are the tubes, however I have not polished them yet so it would be a couple of days before we could ship.
/d

Shed Journal
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#7 Post by TattooedGun »

Ovenpaa wrote:Hangers are made and anodised as are the tubes, however I have not polished them yet so it would be a couple of days before we could ship.
Thanks, Order made via the website :good: