Kral Puncher Breaker 22 (FAC version)

JDR imports reloading goods to order and has a special interest in historical carbines and all forms of S1 pistols and revolvers.

We also supply everything to do with wet tumbling, with machines ranging from the Rebel 17 to the large, industrial-sized CRC units.
JD4570

Kral Puncher Breaker 22 (FAC version)

#1 Post by JD4570 »

Just got these in, to have a look and see what I think. There are a few different variations on this model and two readily available calibres - 22 and 177. 25 cal also exists but not yet available, I'm told.

It's all down to personal preference, but I have plumped for the black synthetic stock in what they term the Marine version - a kind of brushed nickel-type finish. The walnut stock, nice though it is, doesn't suit my particular needs and feels a good bit weightier, although it's only about half a kilo in reality. The stock profiling differs between the wood and synthetic versions and (again personal preference) I preferred the shape and feel of the synthetic.

Here they are side by side:
20180319_153859.jpg
And individually:
20180319_153946.jpg
20180319_153922.jpg
As I'll be shooting vermin mostly, I've set the Marine synthetic up with a nice, compact scope planted on a riser to give the necessary height and then added a torch.
20180319_113011.jpg
Here it is, festooned with the necessary add-ons for hunting.
20180319_112958.jpg
These are very well-made Turkish guns and a lot less money than some of their bullpup rivals. Prices are as follows:

Sub-12 ft/lb
Walnut: £500
Synthetic (black): £480
Synthetic (soft-grip green): £515
Camo synthetic: £540

FAC variants
Add £50

I've yet to zero mine in, but may do a quick video when I do.

Jon
greenshoots

Re: Kral Puncher Breaker 22 (FAC version)

#2 Post by greenshoots »

interesting whats the mag capacity and shots per fill

greenshoots
Green by Design
JD4570

#3 Post by JD4570 »

Mag capacity is as follows:

177 - 14 shots
22 - 12 shots

These rifles are supplied with two mags, by the way. Barrel is screwcut to 1/2" UNF.

Shots per fill (sub-12ft/lb)
177 - 120
22 - 140

Shots per fill (FAC version)
No fixed data on this, as you can vary the power on these rifles, but I'd expect about half the number of shots that you'd get with a sub-12, maybe a tad more.

There is also a 25 cal version, but these are reportedly still having teething troubles and may be delayed some months.
JD4570

#4 Post by JD4570 »

Some fresh info on the FAC Kral...

Power is variable from 8 ft/lb up to 30 ft/lb.

Expect approx. 50 consistent full-power shots before power drops off. The gun isn't regulated so there does come a point when a recharge of air is needed to keep the grouping. The best pellet weight at full whack is reportedly 21 gr - so something like Bisley Magnums in the 22. At half power (16 ft/lb) BSA Fury pellets (18.1gr) are very good.

Hope that helps.