S class update

Sporting-Class. Everything you want to know about this new discipline including course of fire, competitions, rifles, regulations and how to get involved.

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Re: S class update

#11 Post by Christel »

Just to make it clear, S-Class is not dead, it is a discipline shot by whoever wants to shoot it, get a few mates together at your local club, shoot and publish the results. The website is updated by Sandgroper of this forum. Send the results to him and I am sure he will put them on the website.

S-Class has always been an informal fun to compete discipline.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

Also there is no reason why you cannot enter an existing competition and shoot under S Class rules. I shot in the F Open class with an S Class rifle at the Phoenix a few years ago, had great fun and was actually placed reasonably well. What I will say is those F Class targets look very small through a 12X scope when shot off a Harris bipod :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
The Lord Flashheart
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Ham & Pea

#13 Post by The Lord Flashheart »

Thanks peeps,

At the moment my club doesn't shoot much fullbore and I suspect those that do when we start up again won't be the sporting rifle type but rather TR and F-class type stuff.

Ovenpaa, your idea is a good one.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#14 Post by mag41uk »

Its been on my mind to run a comp at Bisley.
Two or three lanes with markers all day would need to be covered cost wise.
Probably first weekend when Bisley slips into winter prices.
I will mull it over.
It would be good to have a couple of classes running so folk can have at least 2 run throughs.
In the mean time maybe folk could reply to this thread if potentially interested - no commitment at this stage.
I could probably get several from my club and we have links with BSRC.
Tony
The Lord Flashheart
Past Supporter

#15 Post by The Lord Flashheart »

I'm definitely interested, I shot something along these lines once in South Africa with the Sport Jakt organisation.

Do i need to be a member of the NRA?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#16 Post by Ovenpaa »

Being a member of a club that shoots F Class is a positive advantage as you can shoot alongside and have good targets and markers, more to the point F Open stipulates a maximum weight of rifle as opposed to a minimum weight so no problems there. Issues might be exceeding the range MV with something like a 22-250 with light bullets however other than that you should be fine. A personal rule I impose on myself is if it will not fit in my gun bag or my pocket it stays at home and this really does focus you from the onset.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
The Lord Flashheart
Past Supporter

#17 Post by The Lord Flashheart »

I have a Sako 75 varmint in 308 that would seem to fit the bill, a few other pure sporter hunting rifles to play with too.

My main hunting rifle, the one that has been all over the world with me, is a M690 Tikka 3006, can't handle long strings but is like an extension of my right arm. :)
AlieN
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Bisley

#18 Post by AlieN »

Hi Tony,

I'd certainly be interested if you were to organised an S-Class shoot at Bisley. I shot the last one organised by Oaken of this manor and it was great fun.

The original thread is here, might be some useful info in there - in particular some info on regulations about NRA members, being known to host club, guests etc.

AlieN