S-Class 2013 Postal Competition

Sporting-Class. Everything you want to know about this new discipline including course of fire, competitions, rifles, regulations and how to get involved.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: S-Class 2013 Postal Competition

#31 Post by Ovenpaa »

Grant,

It is early days so things need to be ironed out.

I believe the timetable is reasonable and certainly other postal competition schedules have to be adhered to or people loose the points, having said that postal comps are often small bore where people have weekly if not daily range access.

lets ask the question and see what distances people have access to, as an example I am in the odd position where I have access to 200m then next steps out are 800/1000/1200.

Personally I would like to see a minimum of 5 rounds over the year for postal and eventually move to 6 or even 8 with the shooters top 5 scores or similar to score plus a prize for the smallest group (The Waterford!) You could even take into account how it was shot, eg sling or bipod.

Rimfire, well in theory it is a vermin round however if it was to be introduced then look on it as a junior class, maybe something for next year.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sandgroper

#32 Post by Sandgroper »

ovenpaa wrote:Grant,

It is early days so things need to be ironed out.

I believe the timetable is reasonable and certainly other postal competition schedules have to be adhered to or people loose the points, having said that postal comps are often small bore where people have weekly if not daily range access.

lets ask the question and see what distances people have access to, as an example I am in the odd position where I have access to 200m then next steps out are 800/1000/1200.

Personally I would like to see a minimum of 5 rounds over the year for postal and eventually move to 6 or even 8 with the shooters top 5 scores or similar to score plus a prize for the smallest group (The Waterford!) You could even take into account how it was shot, eg sling or bipod.

Rimfire, well in theory it is a vermin round however if it was to be introduced then look on it as a junior class, maybe something for next year.
Yes, you're quite right. We'll keep going as is, and see what happens.

At the moment my mind isn't focused on this, as I have exams coming up along with Uni decisions to make. sign01
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#33 Post by waterford103 »

I think most folks can get 100yds ,how about reduced target sizes for different ranges it should be a simple task for the computer boffins out there .A downloadable / printable target would get the 100yds targets within everyone's grasp. The degree of difficuly would have to factor in the effect of hole size (223 / 308).

:shakeshout: :flag6: :wales:
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Sandgroper

#34 Post by Sandgroper »

waterford103 wrote:I think most folks can get 100yds ,how about reduced target sizes for different ranges it should be a simple task for the computer boffins out there .A downloadable / printable target would get the 100yds targets within everyone's grasp. The degree of difficuly would have to factor in the effect of hole size (223 / 308).

:shakeshout: :flag6: :wales:
I have some targets that might be suitable - Alpha1 is going to give them a bash. I can pass them on to you for to try, if you like.

Sandgroper

#35 Post by Sandgroper »

Results: July (600m)
From a Strathpeffer point of view, there will be no results for July. Our shoot was last Sunday (7th) and as attendance was low, I gave S-Class a rest – had lots of fun with my 45-70 Handi Rifle and some rapid fire with my Steyr M95! clapclap