S-Class Competition - Cawdor 09/06/2012

Sporting-Class. Everything you want to know about this new discipline including course of fire, competitions, rifles, regulations and how to get involved.

Moderator: dromia

Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

S-Class Competition - Cawdor 09/06/2012

#1 Post by Sandgroper »

A heads up and reminder (for some!) that on the 9th of June, Strathpeffer RPC will holding their first full S-Class competition at Cawdor range.

It will held alongside Strathpeffer's F-Class competition, so a good opportunity to compare. The plan is to shoot it with F-Class targets, but judging by a comment made at the end of the last shoot, we may well be using the current S-Class ones. fingerscrossed

All are welcome, but as this is a club competition only members of Strathpeffer RPC can actually 'win' as such. However, I plan to post the scores on the S-Class website (and maybe here ;) ) without making that distinction. In effect making it two S-Class competitions on the same day - a club and a open competition.

Any questions, just ask and I'll do my best to answer them - or at least throw them over our Club Secretary, Andy! O:-)
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

Re: S-Class Competition - Cawdor 09/06/2012

#2 Post by waterford103 »

hope I can make it this time ,need to see your handi-rifle ( single barrel baikal 12b ???? )
:wales: :flag6:
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Sandgroper

#3 Post by Sandgroper »

Martin,
I'll bring the Handi-rifle with me. To be honest, if I don't get some range time soon I might have to resort to lobbing lumps of lead downrange with it - stick a bipod on it and call it a 45-70 mortar! :twisted:

Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

I know that feeling as well, I have just decided against shooting at a long range day for the third month running.. :cry:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sandgroper

#5 Post by Sandgroper »

ovenpaa wrote:I know that feeling as well, I have just decided against shooting at a long range day for the third month running.. :cry:
That's not good - you need to get out there and shoot!

I should have said extra range time. The 257 has been a bit problematic and I want to have it at least properly zeroed by the June shoot. It should have been sorted at the last shoot but I had to pack it away early. :cool2:

Blu

#6 Post by Blu »

Gents, I know a living has to be made and at times can be hectic, alas we work to live, not live to work. Make time to shoot, the work will still be there when you get back.

Blu :twisted:
forbie

#7 Post by forbie »

same here about work commitments.
Blu the containers would miss the boat, hold up a whole rig crew and cost our company millions and I would get the p45 Monday cause I went shooting not really realistic
Sandgroper

#8 Post by Sandgroper »

Well, what a fantastic day! :shakeshout: No wind, nice and bright but not too hot - just perfect conditions. :good:

We had five club members shooting S-Class and guess what - I finished last! :lol: (44 points)

Admittedly, I took a risk with the 257, as I haven't finished ironing out the bugs. There was no excuse for the howler I had at 500m (big fat 0), but who cares? It was fun and Strathpeffer shot a full S-Class competition from 300-600m.

Full scores are available on the S-Class website. In a day or so, I'll get around to writing everything up. fingerscrossed

The following ammunition was used today - 7.62x51 (MEN surplus), 7-08, .17 Hornet (awesome effort :o ), 257 AI and 223 Rem(80 grain handloads)

Joint first place went to Andy632 (223 Rem) and another club member (7-08) with 111 points clapclap

After shooting today, I have some recommendations about S-Class, which I'll follow up later but right now I just want to relax! :cheers:

My view from 500m
Cawdor9JUNE2013a.jpg
Looking down to the 500m point from 600m
Cawdor9JUNE2013b.jpg

Blu

#9 Post by Blu »

forbie wrote:same here about work commitments.
Blu the containers would miss the boat, hold up a whole rig crew and cost our company millions and I would get the p45 Monday cause I went shooting not really realistic
forbie, I understand folks need to work mate but when it takes over your life to the extent there's no time for anything else, well is that really living is all.

Blu :twisted:
forbie

#10 Post by forbie »

Oh it will get better one way or another that is for certain.