S-Class at Bisley?

Sporting-Class. Everything you want to know about this new discipline including course of fire, competitions, rifles, regulations and how to get involved.

Moderator: dromia

Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: S-Class at Bisley?

#21 Post by Sandgroper »

I was talking about the rifle weight as a one off which was suggested in the very early days of this concept.

I haven't used a bi-pod either to shot deer, but we're talking about a competition where the ideal situation is you turn up with your rifle in one hand and ammunition in the other - as simple as that - it's not meant to simulate deer shooting...

Edit: Rob please read and see where we are coming from -
S Class came about as a result of a desire to return ‘scoped competition shooting to an ethically purer level without the need for heavy weight long barrelled rifles and is aimed at Hunters and Club Shooters who wish to compete actively against likeminded shooters.
This is a lightweight rifle class of shooting and in an ideal situation a competitor would walk to the firing point with a rifle in a slip and a couple of ammunition boxes in his pocket, I would suggest that any person who wishes to compete but needs to make two trip to and from his car to carry his/her kit needs to rethink their approach to the discipline.
and http://sporting-class.com/wp/?p=102
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.