24th May S-Class at Cawdor

Sporting-Class. Everything you want to know about this new discipline including course of fire, competitions, rifles, regulations and how to get involved.

Moderator: dromia

Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

24th May S-Class at Cawdor

#1 Post by Sandgroper »

I would have posted earlier but my placement is keeping me busy and my head in the books. wallhead

Anyway held on the 24th of May was the 3rd annual S-Class competition for Strathpeffer Rifle and Pistol Club. Entries were down on last year with only four competing – disappointing to be sure, but I know of at least three people unable to attend due to the change in date. Strath’s F-Class competition was held concurrently and numbers were down for that as well. Weather wise, it wasn’t bad with some rain to begin with (which cleared up quickly) and a consistent and friendly wind.

Results

1st – Andy632 (68.2) – 308 Win

2nd – BlackburnBuccaneer (63.2) – 223 Rem

3rd – Myself* (43) – 257 AI

4th – Strath Member (41) – 308 Win

*Officially, I finished third but I had to have a third sighter at 600m and as a result tried to disqualify myself but was overruled on the firing point and subsequently by the Club Chairman while helping in the butts.

From a personal perspective it was a mixed day – at 300m and 400m I had to contend with a wandering zero which was traced back to loose stock screws :oops: . This cost me dearly at the shorter ranges but once I tightened them for 600m I shot the highest score for the distance by a margin of 8 points and that was with having to resort to using Kentucky windage as well! It was also reported back to me that at 400m I’d shot a 3 inch group (0.75 MOA) – pity it wasn’t more on the target…

Still haven't decided if I'm going to retire or rebarrel the 257 at this stage.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

Re: 24th May S-Class at Cawdor

#2 Post by DW58 »

Still haven't decided if I'm going to retire or rebarrel the 257 at this stage.
signfunnypost

shakeshout
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#3 Post by Andy632 »

Sandgroper wrote:I would have posted earlier but my placement is keeping me busy and my head in the books. wallhead

Anyway held on the 24th of May was the 3rd annual S-Class competition for Strathpeffer Rifle and Pistol Club. Entries were down on last year with only four competing – disappointing to be sure, but I know of at least three people unable to attend due to the change in date. Strath’s F-Class competition was held concurrently and numbers were down for that as well. Weather wise, it wasn’t bad with some rain to begin with (which cleared up quickly) and a consistent and friendly wind.

Results

1st – Andy632 (68.2) – 308 Win

2nd – BlackburnBuccaneer (63.2) – 223 Rem

3rd – Myself* (43) – 257 AI

4th – Strath Member (41) – 308 Win

*Officially, I finished third but I had to have a third sighter at 600m and as a result tried to disqualify myself but was overruled on the firing point and subsequently by the Club Chairman while helping in the butts.

Fr.
They weren't so kind to me when I could only find 6 fired cases and 6 holes on target instead of 7 on one stage :oops: Note to self; learn to count past 6 when loading 20 round magazine! :oops:
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#4 Post by DW58 »

Oh deary deary me shakeshout
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31