Latest version of the Straight Pull Raven.

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Latest version of the Straight Pull Raven.

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

Are these made in the UK or USA?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
BamBam

#12 Post by BamBam »

Ovenpaa wrote:Are these made in the UK or USA?
Fort Worth Texas.
Hunterboy

#13 Post by Hunterboy »

I know this is a naive question... but is it worth purchasing one from Lantac -USA and importing it yourself? I go to DFW several times a year on business. I appreciate there may be various regulatory hurdles to overcome.
MistAgain

#14 Post by MistAgain »

Hunterboy wrote:I know this is a naive question... but is it worth purchasing one from Lantac -USA and importing it yourself? I go to DFW several times a year on business. I appreciate there may be various regulatory hurdles to overcome.
I bet the answer will be .........................go away !
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#15 Post by safetyfirst »

What would be the issue with this provided you had the slot on your ticket at customs?

How would they sell it to you in the states I wonder.... it’d depend on the state laws would it?
BamBam

#16 Post by BamBam »

Hunterboy wrote:I know this is a naive question... but is it worth purchasing one from Lantac -USA and importing it yourself? I go to DFW several times a year on business. I appreciate there may be various regulatory hurdles to overcome.
No idea.

Not sure what the price for the straight pull is in the USA, but the Raven with all the bits isn't cheap.

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catal ... -56-black/
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#17 Post by mag41uk »

Lantac must have an export licence in place.
Even if you could persuade them to sell you one I suspect you will end up paying the same maybe even more.
Now if you could find a good used one in a gun shop who know about exporting etc etc.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#18 Post by Mattnall »

safetyfirst wrote:What would be the issue with this provided you had the slot on your ticket at customs?

How would they sell it to you in the states I wonder.... it’d depend on the state laws would it?
As far as I understand, as a non-immigrant alien you cannot legally purchase a firearm in the states. You will need to get it delivered to the airport (or shipped to the UK) by someone more local.
Also, taking it out of the country yourself, you will be doing the export so you will need to apply for the export license and again as a non-resident that may be more trouble than it's worth.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#19 Post by Gh0st »

You just need to find a USA Dealer who has an export license in place and they can ship to a willing UK RFD, they will proof it and sign it over to your ticket.

You will get the customs charges, proofing charges, etc.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
MistAgain

#20 Post by MistAgain »

Gh0st wrote:You just need to find a USA Dealer who has an export license in place and they can ship to a willing UK RFD, they will proof it and sign it over to your ticket.

You will get the customs charges, proofing charges, etc.
If only it was that easy .

The USA export licence is supposed to name the specific product .
The USA export licence is supposed to name the UK end user .
The USA export licence would not be approved unless the UK end user has an open import licence
or a single use import licence nameing the specific product.