Just want to ask

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

Just want to ask

#1 Post by Sixshot6 »

Is there any truth to the story that you are working on a system that will compete with Southern gun company's lever release for 223's and Caledonian Classic Arm's MARS system?
SevenSixTwo

Re: Just want to ask

#2 Post by SevenSixTwo »

.223 and other calibres apparently. Someone else is working on this, too.

Competition is good.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
Sixshot6

#3 Post by Sixshot6 »

SevenSixTwo wrote:.223 and other calibres apparently. Someone else is working on this, too.

Competition is good.
Any idea what these actions might be at all? I once had a conversation that entailed that Bob fro SGC does not hold a patent on the lever release and there is no mention on the uk patent website or anywhere of anyone holding that patent.
SevenSixTwo

#4 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Lever Release. I doubt that lever release itself could be patented.
Sixshot6

#5 Post by Sixshot6 »

SevenSixTwo wrote:Lever Release. I doubt that lever release itself could be patented.
You're right it can't be. Pete Moore in various articles mentions two guys who made an lbp 1911 doublestack that used it. And remember Peter Starley's effort. The only thing holding that back is depending on who you ask, legal stuff, mechanical issues and other stuff I don't feel should be mentioned and would be unsportsmanlike to do so.

I have the MARS as I'm left-handed and didn't see that sgc had introduced a left-handed option recently. He's also dropped the price. You reckon these other ones will be sold cheaper at all? Also a left-handed option will be a blessing. Unless they have a way to make it ambi? I love my MARS VZ. Just haven't had any luck with scope mounts including the rear dust mount. Got better results shooting open sighted and have a mount from Canada coming that replaces the rear sight and as such will not be removed during cleaning. When I get that I'll review it.
SevenSixTwo

#6 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Personally, I don't care much for cost. I'd sell all my rifles for just one accurate, functional lever-release AR10 in .308.

Yes, I know that sends out the wrong signal; of course I want one as cheap as poss - but I'm sick of straight pull.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#7 Post by HALODIN »

As I recall, it's not a lever release, it's something new, but that's all we know. Paul hinted it would be a "good" price and yes I believe .223 was mentioned and hopefully by years end.
Sixshot6

#8 Post by Sixshot6 »

SevenSixTwo wrote:Personally, I don't care much for cost. I'd sell all my rifles for just one accurate, functional lever-release AR10 in .308.

Yes, I know that sends out the wrong signal; of course I want one as cheap as poss - but I'm sick of straight pull.
I understand how you feel, let me tell you a story Scott Rodgers from CCA told me. He got an American company (DSarms I think?) to make a MARS action FAL. It worked but the US State department wouldn't let them out of the US for reasons that seem to change every day (see how they changed on the Ruger gunsite scouts, one day they had to leave with target crown barrels, another day the muzzle brakes were allowed). I had this one idea to contact a company in Canada (as their export laws are less buggered that the US ones, seriously) and get them in touch with Scott if he was interested about a rifle they've made that looks like an AR10 but isn't due to a propriety upper and lower to keep it non-restricted for the Canadian market and uses standard ar10 mags (including magpul ones).
http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/modern-hunter
This is it, my reasoning is the non standard upper would make it difficult to put a standard ar10 upper on if the lower could have the mars action in. Its a pipe dream and I worry how much it would cost... factoring in small batches and putting the mech in and the conversion of CAN dollars to Sterling.

So is one of these rifles lantac and one of these companies going to include a 308 option? That means a different lower, unless you go the colt 901 option and make it so it can use ar15 mags and a 223 upper with a magwell adapter and the like.
Sixshot6

#9 Post by Sixshot6 »

HALODIN wrote:As I recall, it's not a lever release, it's something new, but that's all we know. Paul hinted it would be a "good" price and yes I believe .223 was mentioned and hopefully by years end.
Did he mention if it would be lefty friendly?
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#10 Post by HALODIN »

He didn't say one way or the other if I remember correctly. I guess that would hint as to it's design...