Lantac 9INE Strraight Pull 9X19MM Rifle

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Re: Lantac 9INE Strraight Pull 9X19MM Rifle

#21 Post by safetyfirst »

Prices to be announced once everyone has decided they want one anyway. Smart move as ever ;)
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: 9mm Lantac Straight Pull Announced

#22 Post by Blackstuff »

pluginal wrote:Sorry to butt in but why do they put an extra handle on the straight pull ar15's and not use the normal charging handle??
The normal T-handle on an AR type rifle is, IMO, the biggest flaw on the gun, its not well positioned for clearing jams quickly (and essentially a straight-pull rifle 'jams' after every single shot), especially from the prone position, compared to a side charging (AK type) or front charging handle (HK type). Plus it was designed to cock the hammer the first time and then the gun should do rest of the work until the rifle is de-cocked.
DVC
pluginal
Home club or Range: North Coates butts

#23 Post by pluginal »

Ah I see. To me it just seems to be quite a chunk of metal hung off the side which makes you take your hand off the pistol grip to re charge it! I think the system would have been better to have the charging handle on the left rather than the right like the H&K. I should imagine this would be quite difficult to achieve mechanically. Thanks for the explanation.
The Gun Pimp

#24 Post by The Gun Pimp »

pluginal wrote:Ah I see. To me it just seems to be quite a chunk of metal hung off the side which makes you take your hand off the pistol grip to re charge it! I think the system would have been better to have the charging handle on the left rather than the right like the H&K. I should imagine this would be quite difficult to achieve mechanically. Thanks for the explanation.
With most straight-pull ARs, it's your choice - left or right cocking handle - or both if you like. Just had a look at the new straight-pull AR from BCM of Italy - gives you a choice of left, right, or both. http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/?p=2863
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#25 Post by bradaz11 »

pluginal wrote:Ah I see. To me it just seems to be quite a chunk of metal hung off the side which makes you take your hand off the pistol grip to re charge it! I think the system would have been better to have the charging handle on the left rather than the right like the H&K. I should imagine this would be quite difficult to achieve mechanically. Thanks for the explanation.
I think it's a question of mindset.
tactical - keep hand on trigger ready to shoot at a moments notice. pulling rifle to shoulder with pistol grip. all about speed.

target - slow, deliberate aimed shots. rifle is held steady, pulled into shoulder by hand on the foregrip. prone .22 I was taught that your trigger hand should not impact the aim of the rifle, and the grip is just to support your hand to pull the trigger smoothly and accurately, not to pull on your aim.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#26 Post by channel12 »

AR15 wrote:Image

Video not loading.

The video of the 9 mm straight pull in action.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#27 Post by Blackstuff »

It is a big chunk of metal, and many people opt to not have one added for that reason and to preserve the appearance of the gun.

I used to have a SGC AR which had left, right and the t-bar charging handle, weirdly despite the seemingly obvious choice to use the left-hand charging handle (if you're right handed), I found myself using the right-hand side one the most, go figure wtf
DVC
Rburro2
Home club or Range: Uttoxeter rifle club

#28 Post by Rburro2 »

Airbrush wrote:Don't like the end of the side charger, looks uncomfortable to use.
Having owned numerous straightpull rifles I find it the most comfortable side charger to use
Rburro2
Home club or Range: Uttoxeter rifle club

#29 Post by Rburro2 »

Geek wrote:
johngarnett wrote:Even I think I NEED one!! Santa?????
JohnG
I agree, however, I very much suspect it will follow Lantac's usual pricing structure i.e. expensive.[/quote

There straightpull Raven introduced this year is one of the most competively priced rifles On the market at the moment. The standard spec is very good
Ballistol

#30 Post by Ballistol »

Pity this isn’t offered in a UK friendly spec. The video is quite informative and look at the price!

https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html