Lantac Stealth Raven - any one held/used one?

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
Hairydavey
Home club or Range: Looe Rifle/Pistol Club, Dutchy Shooting Association.

Lantac Stealth Raven - any one held/used one?

#1 Post by Hairydavey »

I saw that Lantac have a rather funky version of their .22lr Raven.

https://www.lannertactical.com/22lr-ste ... ar15-rifle

I'm in the market for a fun .22 AR and have the money to purchase it, but would like to hear from those who have used Ravens in the past as to how they compare to other cheaper AR .22 rifles, the Lantac SF15 in particular.

I did have a Spikes Tactical .223 with a .22 conversion bolt but it was "jack of all trades, master of none" kind of deal. Was accurate in .223 but suffered from hard extraction after 20 or so rounds, and with the .22lr kit you were lucky to get a 3 inch group at 25yds with decent ammo.

The other thing I found with it is once you had finished dressing it up, upgrading etc, the cost ended up being on a par with the Stealth Raven with less of the features and not even including the bullet upper/lower.

So Ive ditched the Spikes that and going the dedicated .22 AR and fullbore bolt action route instead.

Apart from the fact that yes, it's a hell of a lot for a .22 (doesnt bother me, it's a one off treat to myself as had a tough couple of years), is the Stealth Raven a "good" buy, or would I be better served by something else?

Type of shooting would be purely target, rapid courses of fire.
BamBam

Re: Lantac Stealth Raven - any one held/used one?

#2 Post by BamBam »

If you want a camo patterned billet .22 AR with a match chamber and quality trigger there's not much else on the market to compare.
If I had the cash I'd have one, for the record I have a LA-SF15 Compact.

I've used a .223 Raven S/A in a 3 Gun match before and on my 2nd Billet Raven .223 SP...
Hairydavey

#3 Post by Hairydavey »

Thanks for the info mate, I'll give them a ring tomorrow to see what the score is with regards to placing an order.

Ideally after the optics package along with a Dragon brake instead of the generic A2 comp. If you're spending silly money you might as well do it properly!
BamBam

#4 Post by BamBam »

The optics package is a fair saving over the price of UH-1 in the UK.
Hairydavey

#5 Post by Hairydavey »

Yes I noticed that. The full package shaves £150 off the price of the UH-1 as all the ones I've found go for the £500 mark at Optics Warehouse.

I've read a tonne of reviews regarding the UH-1 and as it will be short range rapid shooting that I'll be using it for, it will fit the bill nicely. I had an Eotech 512 in the past so it will be interesting make my own comparison as I do prefer the look of the UH-1 article (plus I'm a fan of Vortex optics in general).

Plus I know those Geissele triggers and Radian go faster bits aren't cheap hence why I'm attracted to the Stealth l. Bloody expensive but when you add up what's in the build at least you can see where the money has gone. The amount I wasted trying to get my old Spikes Tactical to where I wanted it doesn't bear thinking about! With this, at least it's all good to go out the box.
Hairydavey

#6 Post by Hairydavey »

*article = reticule, damn phone autocorrect.
Hairydavey

#7 Post by Hairydavey »

Well that's it all ordered. Gone for the optics package along with a spare mag and spare titanium firing pin, and swapped out the A2 compensator for a Lantac Dragon.

Now comes the long long wait......:)
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#8 Post by shugie »

Hairydavey wrote:Well that's it all ordered. Gone for the optics package along with a spare mag and spare titanium firing pin, and swapped out the A2 compensator for a Lantac Dragon.

Now comes the long long wait......:)
It will be a long wait, but worth it. I've got one of their CMMGs, and a friend has one of the more recent ones, and they are both quality bits of kit. Apart from the firing pin, which breaks all too easily and needs to be cleaned very frequently to prevent breakages. That aside, with decent ammunition they are very reliable.

When you get the gun from Lantac, would you mind asking them about the 9mm straight pull?
Careful now/that sort of thing
Hairydavey

#9 Post by Hairydavey »

Really looking forward to it, I've been itching for another AR after selling my Spikes and I really love the look of the Steath. For the type of shoots I intend to use it for it should be spot on.

The chap I talked to this morning who was very knowledgeable mentioned that the firing pins can snap, this was after I ordered the titanium pin as I was already aware of this being a thing. Strangely though the firing pin in the .22 Spikes Tactical conversion was still hammering away with no issues for the 9 years I owned it.

You could give them a bell regarding the 9ine, guy I talked to (didn't get the name) was spot on.

(0)1423 782004
BamBam

#10 Post by BamBam »

I've owned a CMMG and now the LA-SF15 and in the thousands of rounds only ever broke one firing pin. Of course I have already upgraded to Ti, just in case ;)