Pistol

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: Pistol

#51 Post by froggy »

flights to Belfast cost less than a train ticket to Cardiff
Tell me abt it ... Not long ago, I went shooting in Holland. Travelling turned out nearly cheaper than going to Bisley wallhead
I dont know about NI but I looked at all sort of options including Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. Time & travel costs are similar but cost of living + ammo in Central Europe are much better, not to mention the "pro-Guns" mentality that, for me, made a big big difference.
It shows that between 7.3 and travelling out of mainland UK, there are a lot of options to shoot hand-guns :good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
JammyGuns

Re: Pistol

#52 Post by JammyGuns »

Dellboy wrote:
jack1 wrote:
Dellboy wrote:Love my BP pistol but really cant get into the long barrel ones especially since shooting the real thing abroad
After shooting 'real' custom revolvers up to 1997 today's handguns do little for me. The Volqurtsen LBP at £2300no doubt the best but is more than I would pay and in the 'old days' we wouldn't have even considered .22. over 38 special in our custom built K and L frame Smiths.

Shame about the X trim K22 I had high hopes for it. bangbang

well im buying a CZ next year and leaving it in Czech
Very interesting, and very interesting thread overall, many thanks everyone! I'm really trying to make some handgun shooting happen this year, been a life long dream.

In regards to owning your own handguns in Czech, I take it you don't need residency?

Edit: I found my answer, thanks.