OPEN MEETINGS FOR "REPEATING PISTOLS"

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

nunhead
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

OPEN MEETINGS FOR "REPEATING PISTOLS"

#1 Post by nunhead »

Hi
Two based on the same format, a simplified version of the one at Bisley last year.

Eligible firearms -- "Standard Revolver" (19th C design with NO later improvements); "Target Revolver" (allows sights, Ruger, Feinwerkbaus etc....) ; "Free Revolver" (practically anything and use of 2 hands) and then "Modern Muzzle-Loader" (smokeless conversions etc, including "Patriot")

Courses of Fire -- NOT the "best 10 ex 13 in 30 minutes Precision -- Slow-, Timed-, Rapid-Fire; turrning targets; "against the clock"

SURREY BRANCH MLAGB 16th & 17th JULY 2016 --- Melville Range, Bisley £4 per Match if NRA, MLAGB, SLRC Member.
This is the middle weekend of the NRA Imperial Meeting, alongside their MLP & GR Matches.

Details from <jiim(at)jimhallam(dot)eu>

130th ANNIVERSARY SHOOT -- SOUTH LONDON RIFLE CLUB provisional dates St. George's Day weekend = 22nd & 23rd April 2017
SLRC was founded 1874 and their first Revolver Meeting was 13th April 1886 -- - the last one being 13th April 1997.. About time we started up again!
nunhead

Re: OPEN MEETINGS FOR "REPEATING PISTOLS"

#2 Post by nunhead »

This year 2017

SLRC 15 / 16 JULY

Surrey Branch MLA 10 September

Info from Surrey Branch website
or
SLRC (at) jimhallam (dot) eu
nunhead

#3 Post by nunhead »

I am no longer organising these Meetings (although I will be helping "on the day") --- the first Open Meeting that I set up was 40 years ago so it is now time for ME!

HOWEVER, the Army Target Shooting Club will continue to have these courses in their Open Meeting at the end of April --- the only significant change being that the courses of fire will be 15 rounds + sighters, following suggest:ions of many people who shot a full programme in the 3 meetings last year :--- loading 100+ rounds with a Traditional ML revolver is a bit knackering!

There might be something in September around the time of the Police Sport UK Meeting.

The NRA do not appear to want to make significant changes to the Programme for the Middle Weekend of the Imperial Meeting but there might be another RP Meeting alongside (again run by the Surrey Branch of the MLAGB) if there is range space.

One thing IS quite clear --- looking at the Programme of the MLAGB, they do not want to add it to their activities and it looks as if ALL of the Pistol / Revolver meetings that they run will be at Wedgnock -- and also their "BP 2018" Meeting is the SAME weekend as the middle W-E of the Imperial. WHY?
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#4 Post by hitchphil »

nunhead wrote:.....................

One thing IS quite clear --- looking at the Programme of the MLAGB, they do not want to add it to their activities and it looks as if ALL of the Pistol / Revolver meetings that they run will be at Wedgnock -- and also their "BP 2018" Meeting is the SAME weekend as the middle W-E of the Imperial. WHY?
............. because NRA screwed them over for their club house that has laid derelict ever since? but for occasional use as a film set that yes made more funds than MLAGB paid but thats not why it was built & is there.................
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#5 Post by FredB »

The building was not erected as a club house; it is / was the exhibition hut, used to house and display the NRA trophies during the annual meeting.
As an ancient MLAGB member, I regard its loss as a disaster, but the NRA fell foul of planning regulations---it is a listed building, like practically everything else at Bisley.
Since the NRA as re-aquired the Pavillion as a visitor centre, has anybody thought of asking for it back?
Fred
nunhead

#6 Post by nunhead »

Hi Fred
It was actually the LADIES CLUB originally and we have photos in the Museum collection showing the interior. Eventually it became the "Exhibition Hut"., in the same way that "Council Club" changed its nature.
The situation regarding the loss of iit as the Bisley HQ for the MLAGB is VERY complicated, with confusion on all sides. It was related to the restructuring of Bisley facilities which has been very significant of late. I am trying NOT to get embroiled in Bisley politics (not an easy thing to do!) but I would think that any return to the Hut would be only acceptable to the current NRA Management on their terms -- which would take into account their assessment of the commercial value of it -- -especially after refurbishment

The MLAGB Executive would clearly have a view regaring the "perceived need" for a formal MLAGB presence on the camp. Looking at the published Shooting Programme there would seem to be more focus on Wedgnock.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#7 Post by bradaz11 »

how would a member holding at a different club, take their historic pistols to somewhere else? I thought they are looked in to certain sites?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#8 Post by FredB »

Muzzle loaders are section1.
Fred
nunhead

#9 Post by nunhead »

I hope to see some NEW faces at the three "RP Meetings" aat Bisley in 2018. I am sad that there are some (unavoidable) clashes but the dates are --

April 28 & 29 -- RP on the Sat all day & Sun morning , plus other ML Pistol & Revolver courses (also Gallery Rifle, Air pistol etc....) See their website

July 21/22 -- Run by Surrey Branch MLAGB: middle weekend of the NRA "Imperial Meeting" (clashes with the MLAGB "BP 2018 at their own range at Wedgnock --- why couldn't this be arranged for a different weekend? After all, the NRA Imperial has been going for a year or three.) This includes the (free entry) South London RC's "Percussion Revolver Team" Championships.

September 9th -- Run by Surrey Branch MLAGB

Details from the websites of ATSC, Surrey Branch MLAGB, main MLA si=te, NRA site (in the Diary) and the South London RC site.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#10 Post by Dellboy »

what can you shoot on these ? lbp lbr or muzzle loaders ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.