Fugly or not ?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: Fugly or not ?

#11 Post by shugie »

Egg on Leggs1 wrote:Inelegant but interesting, are there any more "bottom barrel" revolvers on the market.
In the UK there are occasionally Mateba Grifones sold, quality manufacturing and endearingly quirky.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#12 Post by Daryll »

Coincidentally, I've just watched the film Insurgent (2nd of the Divergent series), and those pistols are used in that... I thought they were Matebas, but now i've seen these pictures, they were Chiapas
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#13 Post by breacher »

Hrun wrote:And the point of it is?
What I thought.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#14 Post by Les »

Yep, definitely fugly. aaarggh
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#15 Post by safetyfirst »

Reminds me of blade runner a bit.
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#16 Post by Nelly2014 »

breacher wrote:
What I thought.
Does there need to be a point?
It's a gun innit?
BamBam

#17 Post by BamBam »

lol It's funny, calling that fugly when we have LBRs.
If the powers that be said you could have the Rhino revolvers in normal configuration you'd all be tripping over each other to buy one.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#18 Post by Sim G »

It's been out for a few years now. It was conceived as a self defence gun, particularly in the two inch version. It's far "flatter" than a conventional revolver, which makes for easier carrying and/or concealment. The barrel being at the bottom of the cylinder gives a far lower bore axis line and directs the recoil straight back into the wrist, forearm, elbow and shoulder. This makes follow up shots with full power magnum ammo, far easier due to the perceived recoil impulse and the minimal muzzle flip.

It's been likened to shooting a six inch conventional .357 revolver, loaded with target wadcutters, whilst infact launching 125gn JHP at over 1200fps. Friends in other places that have them really rate them. Supposedly excellent quality fit and finish...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#19 Post by Hrun »

Sim G wrote:

It's been out for a few years now. It was conceived as a self defence gun, particularly in the two inch version. It's far "flatter" than a conventional revolver, which makes for easier carrying and/or concealment. The barrel being at the bottom of the cylinder gives a far lower bore axis line and directs the recoil straight back into the wrist, forearm, elbow and shoulder. This makes follow up shots with full power magnum ammo, far easier due to the perceived recoil impulse and the minimal muzzle flip.

It's been likened to shooting a six inch conventional .357 revolver, loaded with target wadcutters, whilst infact launching 125gn JHP at over 1200fps. Friends in other places that have them really rate them. Supposedly excellent quality fit and finish...
Thank you, that was what interested me, why reinvent the wheel.

Shame I cannot compare in the real world, but it is always interesting when someone does not follow convention.. there is usually a reason.
Hunter87

#20 Post by Hunter87 »

Fugly