Fugly or not ?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

SevenSixTwo

Re: Fugly or not ?

#21 Post by SevenSixTwo »

No 'coat hanger'. Check.
No ridiculous barrel length. Check.

Looks fine to me.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#22 Post by Dark Skies »

Sim G wrote:

It's been out for a few years now. It was conceived as a self defence gun, particularly in the two inch version. It's far "flatter" than a conventional revolver, which makes for easier carrying and/or concealment.
I agree with most of what you said but ... looking at the video I posted on the first page it would seem there is little if any difference in the overall width compared to regular revolvers. Furthermore the cylinder release catch looks more intrusive and liable to snag on clothing and shoulder holsters than the much less obtrusive sliding button of, say, a S&W 586.

I do like the lower down centre of recoil concept though. They look very rugged too. Still ugly - but then I own a Saiga AK-alike so ... I wouldn't object if someone let me have one gratis, were that legally possible, unless it was a long barrel and coat-hanger version - now THAT'd be proper ugly.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Sim G
Past Supporter

#23 Post by Sim G »

Seems the difference is cylinder diameters and the flat sided nature of the Rhino are what aids the concealment. A little research found that the Rhino cylinder is 1.4" in diameter. A S&W 686 cylinder is 1.56". Both are six shot, .357s.

A five shot .38, S&W 342 has a cylinder diameter of 1.3"...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#24 Post by HH1 »

Well as the owner of two Chiappa 1887 shoguns (FAC & SGC versions), I really like the Rhino.... in fact I've just put in a variation for a Rhino LBR.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#25 Post by DaveB »

Yes, they are indeed ugly.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#26 Post by Gh0st »

Fugly....
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#27 Post by Geek »

Doz wrote:Superfugly, in my opinion :)
Agreed
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
pluginal
Home club or Range: North Coates butts

#28 Post by pluginal »

I have to agree with the majority it is very fugly as are all of the LBP now. I really can't see the sense in having a pistol as long as a rifle when rifles are so readily available. I used to love my pistols when you could carry them around in a pistol muff not a rifle case!
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#29 Post by safetyfirst »

pluginal wrote:I have to agree with the majority it is very fugly as are all of the LBP now. I really can't see the sense in having a pistol as long as a rifle when rifles are so readily available. I used to love my pistols when you could carry them around in a pistol muff not a rifle case!
As an owner/ past owner of quite a few LBP/LBR firearms, I too find the law a bit lacking in common sense but at the end of the day when your finger is on the trigger and the target in your sights, I find the coat hanger and long steel just don’t exist for me as a shooter.

It’s still a fiendish discipline and a way to exercise the skill of pistol shooting, daft dangly bits or not.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#30 Post by Gh0st »

safetyfirst wrote:
pluginal wrote:I have to agree with the majority it is very fugly as are all of the LBP now. I really can't see the sense in having a pistol as long as a rifle when rifles are so readily available. I used to love my pistols when you could carry them around in a pistol muff not a rifle case!
As an owner/ past owner of quite a few LBP/LBR firearms, I too find the law a bit lacking in common sense but at the end of the day when your finger is on the trigger and the target in your sights, I find the coat hanger and long steel just don’t exist for me as a shooter.

It’s still a fiendish discipline and a way to exercise the skill of pistol shooting, daft dangly bits or not.
Agreed, i don't notice the coat hanger on my LBP. The Barrel can't be seen or noticed over the Aristocrat sight anyway.

But dependant on why you shoot LBP its where it hits the target that matters.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk