Something different... Sig P226 Air Pistol

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Something different... Sig P226 Air Pistol

#31 Post by bradaz11 »

has anyone got the steyr m9a1?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#32 Post by safetyfirst »

The missing pellets might be short stroking the trigger. Mine did that. The trigger rotates the mag.
pluginal
Home club or Range: North Coates butts

#33 Post by pluginal »

Yes I have to admit that most of them are pretty good copies of the real thing. The Beretta 92 is a close copy and the Webley revolver is almost bang on and very well built. That MP40 is pretty good and a weighty piece too although I have never fired an MP40 so can't say how close it is to the real thing. My PPK is nice but not a very close copy of the genuine 9mm I used to own. Do like the blow back action on them though even if it does rob some of the power. Just need a Tokarev T33 now to finish off my WW2 collection. :good:
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#34 Post by Hrun »

Zilberbak wrote:Fully fixed l’m afraid but impatience got the better of me as later in the year (more likely next) blowback versions will appear as well as .177 pellet. This one is a 19 so will probably have .177 blowback in a 17 for what it’s worth when they arrive. Compared to a two tone airsoft l have it feels much better build albeit the airsoft goes full auto which is hilarious! Compared to the 9mm l shoot in Austria the Umarex is a very good copy and l doubt you could tell them apart if they were next to one another. Have the Sig 226 as well and found it doesn’t like rapid fire and misses pellets in the magazine, although l like the mag concept. Also find the slide a bit “tinny” when it cycles.
With the rapid fire, it is worth playing with pellets. Mine did not like the clubs fancy pellets they use in single shot stuff, but will happily fire cheap CO2 pellets as fast as I can pull the trigger.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#35 Post by snayperskaya »

pluginal wrote:Yes I have to admit that most of them are pretty good copies of the real thing. The Beretta 92 is a close copy and the Webley revolver is almost bang on and very well built. That MP40 is pretty good and a weighty piece too although I have never fired an MP40 so can't say how close it is to the real thing. My PPK is nice but not a very close copy of the genuine 9mm I used to own. Do like the blow back action on them though even if it does rob some of the power. Just need a Tokarev T33 now to finish off my WW2 collection. :good:
I have a nice blowback Makarov and quite fancy a TT-33 and an APS Stechkin to complement it.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#36 Post by Nelly2014 »

snayperskaya wrote:
pluginal wrote:Yes I have to admit that most of them are pretty good copies of the real thing. The Beretta 92 is a close copy and the Webley revolver is almost bang on and very well built. That MP40 is pretty good and a weighty piece too although I have never fired an MP40 so can't say how close it is to the real thing. My PPK is nice but not a very close copy of the genuine 9mm I used to own. Do like the blow back action on them though even if it does rob some of the power. Just need a Tokarev T33 now to finish off my WW2 collection. :good:
I have a nice blowback Makarov and quite fancy a TT-33 and an APS Stechkin to complement it.
Where did you get a blowback Makarov? Mine isn't.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#37 Post by safetyfirst »

There are tons of Airsoft Makarov copies that are full blowback.

6mm BB guns are awesome fun for back garden three gun matches.
JammyGuns

#38 Post by JammyGuns »

For anyone rocking full-auto airsoft in the UK, be aware that there are relatively new laws regarding power output with many things now classified as Section 5 if they go over.

Replaced my FA Glock 18 copy for a G17 in semi on the off change it could be made to go over. Probably an overreaction with a pistol but I didn't want to take any chances.

https://www.ukapu.org.uk/ukapu-and-ukar ... rovisions/

On the value of airsoft for practice, I can definitely recommend it. They're (handguns) still accurate enough at 10 yrds to reward good technique, and some of the copies (WE) feel very real. When I fired real Glocks in NI it felt pretty much identical to handle as my WE copy in England.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#39 Post by safetyfirst »

I was under the impression airsoft had an exemption from these new laws, in both 6mm and 8mm?

It was anything over 450fps with a .2 gram B.B. that can go fully auto I think.

Did the exemption not make it?
JammyGuns

#40 Post by JammyGuns »

Unfortunately I don't think so. The airsoft guys are talking about it as a fact now https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/to ... t-3-years/ , and I raised the issue with one of the dealers in regards to the WE L85 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_nz8FUYXBk around Oct and he said basically that it is a concern but they can turn the power down with an adjustment kit. The problem is in the way the government has worded things in regard to the ability to modify it back... The UKAPU I think it is (I'm not an airsoft player) have sort clarification but as of now there's no new updates.

Sry about grammar etc, site is running weird for me and that was a dog to type out.