New Walther lbp?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

JammyGuns

Re: New Walther lbp?

#191 Post by JammyGuns »

Ah excellent, that looks great. Cheers.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#192 Post by Airbrush »

Had a play with one tonight with a Shield red dot, very nice, I likey.
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#193 Post by strangesam »

Finally got mine to the range.

Very very nice.

put 99 rounds through it, with one failure to feed on dropping the slide, which I think was a loose round on the top of the magazine. ie user error.

Not sure about accuracy (was grouping around 3" at 10m) but I think at the moment that is definitely me rather than the gun.

Worked flawlessly with CCI MiniMag.

Now I need practice, practice and more practice. Not convinced by the iron sights, but I'm personally terrible with open sights, cant seem to get the hang of them. SMS sight works fine.

Nick at Oceania has been brilliant throughout the purchase process.
joe

#194 Post by joe »

strangesam wrote:Finally got mine to the range.

Very very nice.

put 99 rounds through it, with one failure to feed on dropping the slide, which I think was a loose round on the top of the magazine. ie user error.

Not sure about accuracy (was grouping around 3" at 10m) but I think at the moment that is definitely me rather than the gun.

Worked flawlessly with CCI MiniMag.

Now I need practice, practice and more practice. Not convinced by the iron sights, but I'm personally terrible with open sights, cant seem to get the hang of them. SMS sight works fine.

Nick at Oceania has been brilliant throughout the purchase process.
How’s is the trigger reset like ?
Grantd
Home club or Range: Wattisham/Vikings/Saxons

#195 Post by Grantd »

Did anyone get the 19 round magazine?

GD
strangesam

#196 Post by strangesam »

I got a couple of each magazine, both types worked fine, I did have a single failure to hold open on last round with one of my 18rnd ones, will keep an eye on this.

May make myself some form of bumper due to the concrete range floor.

Not certain about the trigger reset. It is a nice trigger, but the combination of my lack of trigger time on pistols (probably around 500 rounds on various pistols at this stage), and the oddness that is the trigger safety that I'm not used to means I wish to withhold comment until I've practised more.
strangesam

#197 Post by strangesam »

Hm, about 4-5mm of travel after the break, trigger resets at almost exactly the same point as the break, at most 1mm in it.
joe

#198 Post by joe »

what are the sights like ?
Grantd
Home club or Range: Wattisham/Vikings/Saxons

#199 Post by Grantd »

Well things got in the way so didn’t get to the range last week but managed it today, only thing to report is you’ll need to buy more ammo.

Really, this thing is fun, was almost transported back to the CQBR at Vogelsang. First mag was slow time at 20m about 3” low and 5 left but soon got into “how quick can I empty this thing” mode, I only had 3 mags but they are so easy and quick to load I’d soon used all I’d taken.

250rnds no stoppages and only 1 fail to feed on slide release (my loading fault), If you have the cash, a slot and an itch I recommend you buy.

GD
Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

#200 Post by Pesty »

Good to hear.