New Walther lbp?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Rarms
Past Supporter

Re: New Walther lbp?

#11 Post by Rarms »

I thought it was cracking and ordered one :)
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#12 Post by safetyfirst »

joe wrote:
MistAgain wrote:At least the K-22 is 100% legal .

??
????
MistAgain

#13 Post by MistAgain »

safetyfirst wrote:
joe wrote:
MistAgain wrote:At least the K-22 is 100% legal .

??
????
The K-22 is built from parts that have never been a complete firearm.

Certain other makes have been a complete firearm and have been modified to meet our laws. So if the Courts rule they are Section 5 , you loose them.

All this talk about the Home Office being more relaxed is a load of carp.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#14 Post by Sim G »

And what makes you think the PPQ has not been built to comply? It's made in Ulm, Germany to UK spec, job's a good 'un.

The K22 is not a bespoke UK gun. Grand Power have been offering it for years in "short" configuration and only recently were they convinced to make a UK spec model....

And what's all this "Home Office" talk? You're the only one that's mentioned it on this thread... both your points are moot.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
MistAgain

#15 Post by MistAgain »

Sim G wrote:And what makes you think the PPQ has not been built to comply? It's made in Ulm, Germany to UK spec, job's a good 'un.

The K22 is not a bespoke UK gun. Grand Power have been offering it for years in "short" configuration and only recently were they convinced to make a UK spec model....

And what's all this "Home Office" talk? You're the only one that's mentioned it on this thread... both your points are moot.
If you are saying that Walther is taking a frame with all its parts , a slide with all its parts then adding a 12inch barrel and a coat hanger , thats fine 100% legit .

However if Walther are selling a complete gun with its normal barrel to a company that replaces the barrel and adds the coathanger , then it aint legit .

As for the "Home Office" bit , someone on another thread mentioned that the Home Office was being more relaxed with these conversions.
Rarms
Past Supporter

#16 Post by Rarms »

MistAgain wrote: If you are saying that Walther is taking a frame with all its parts , a slide with all its parts then adding a 12inch barrel and a coat hanger , thats fine 100% legit .
Glad you think its fine!

As has been said, it is made in Germany in the Walther factory to UK spec of a gun that is a proven .22 gun all round the world. Looks to be a cracking gun. As soon as I saw it I was sold!

Not a scaled down 1911 made of monkey metal or anything silly like that. A real .22 pistol made to UK spec by a manufacturer who has been around for years.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#17 Post by safetyfirst »

Anybody fancy casting aspurtions? Crikey. Talk about section 5 until proven otherwise.

[VOLCANO]
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#18 Post by safetyfirst »

Any news on this thing?
Rarms
Past Supporter

#19 Post by Rarms »

Probably only just in the country. I email them occasionally for an update, but wasn't expecting it much before Christmas from the outset to be honest and not really in a rush. I would guess it will be January before they are proofed etc..
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#20 Post by Hrun »

I don't get all this section 1/section 5 concern over guns made abroad, this isn't the first thread bringing this up.

Surely sections are a UK thing, and as such a gun has no clasification until it is imported into the UK. It is then classed as a section 1 or section 5 and that clasification can never be changed inside the UK.

The key I believe is UK regs only apply in the UK.. if it doesn't conform you are not getting an import licence.