Gallery LBR

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Re: Gallery LBR

#111 Post by safetyfirst »

Are the patents on a whole bunch of great revolvers not now expired? If so, can’t we produce a “Smith and Wesson” revolver over here?
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#112 Post by Gh0st »

Gwyn R wrote:It would be interesting to hear what Greg and JR have to say on the legality of their products regarding the LBR's? I couldn't get an answer from Darren who supplies the Europa's Stateside.

Whilst no-one can get a frame only from S&W with the exception of possibly Richard (who has indicated he's not going down that route now) to build a new LBR with, the only way to find out for sure one way or the other is for a case to go through the courts. As has been stated, the Merkle up north was OK'd for that individual to keep in his force area and that doesn't mean squat legally. Changing the serial number in the States or Germany doesn't hide the original serial number or description given to the BATF so the original configuration can easily be found out if needed.

If the courts do ever decide on this issue, then there will either be a whole new line of S&W based LBR's available for people to purchase, or a couple of individuals being sued for supplying the items mentioned in this thread. :run:
Gwyn,

Do you have any other info on the Merkel?
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#113 Post by the running man »

This rubbish has come up before with straight pulls being brought in made up from rifles that were once machine guns etc etc etc.....and it was legally challenged and lost......at the end of the day UK firearms law does not exist past its borders,if u think it does then go try enforce it......good luck with that..
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#114 Post by Gh0st »

I’m along the same lines.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk