GSG .22 1911 Tactical

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: GSG .22 1911 Tactical

#11 Post by froggy »

When shooting the pistol using the close up pair I'm able to see the sights clearly but with a fuzzy target
+1, exactly how it should be ... ;)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
hoppo
Home club or Range: Aldershot and Bisley

#12 Post by hoppo »

phaedra1106 wrote:For those of us "of an age" we have to consider our eyesight :bad:

I wear two pairs of glasses, one for close up and another for normal/distance.

When shooting the pistol using the close up pair I'm able to see the sights clearly but with a fuzzy target, wearing the normal/distance pair I have a lovely clear target but blurred sight picture lol
I had exactly the same issue. I have since changed to Multi Focal Contacts. I'm now able to have a slightly blurry rear sight, in focus front, and slightly blurry 25yd target...as it should be. I'm also able to see what I'm doing on the firing point without fumbling for my close up glasses.
I would advise anyone to try them, especially as most opticians give you a free 1 week trial of dailies to see if you get on with them.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#13 Post by GeeRam »

phaedra1106 wrote:For those of us "of an age" we have to consider our eyesight :bad:

I wear two pairs of glasses, one for close up and another for normal/distance.

When shooting the pistol using the close up pair I'm able to see the sights clearly but with a fuzzy target, wearing the normal/distance pair I have a lovely clear target but blurred sight picture lol
Same problem for me now trying to shoot my Lee-Enfield No.5 as I either have the sights in focus and not the target or the target in focus and can't see the sights......that's using varifocal lens glasses.

I can still just about manage to use the varifocals and see the front brass bead as well as target at 25m using my Uberti 1873 though.

When I was in Texas in April 2016, I had no problems shooting a .45 1911 at 25m using my varifocal glasses shakeshout but I know from my last eye test a few weeks ago, my eyesight has degraded since then 8-)
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#14 Post by Alpha1 »

I get to fondle one to day (Thursday) in my local firearms dealers.
The sights are not a problem my eyes only do distance and I need glasses for close up. I got a pair of glasses made up at specsavers exclusively for shooting my trapper with peep sights. I used them to look at the standard sights on the GSG 1911 at a 25 yard target and it was fine. If you are having problems with open sights go speak to an optician. Having said that all my milsurp rifles have just about gone anything out to 100 yards or longer is now done with scoped rifles. My shooting needs have changed with age and membership of a new club as opened up access to new disciplines and clay pigeon shooting. This is going to be an expensive year I feel it in my bones.
teanews hmm whats next. Oh yeah variations and the clear out goes on.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#15 Post by GeeRam »

Alpha1 wrote: Having said that all my milsurp rifles have just about gone anything out to 100 yards or longer is now done with scoped rifles. My shooting needs have changed with age and membership of a new club as opened up access to new disciplines and clay pigeon shooting.
Our club only does one 100yrd shoot per year, all the rest of our 'rifle' shoots are at 300,600 and 900 yrds and I use my 4T for those as I don't have a problem using the 32 scope with my eyes.

I can also shoot sporting clays OK.
Alpha1

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

GeeRam wrote:
Alpha1 wrote: Having said that all my milsurp rifles have just about gone anything out to 100 yards or longer is now done with scoped rifles. My shooting needs have changed with age and membership of a new club as opened up access to new disciplines and clay pigeon shooting.
Our club only does one 100yrd shoot per year, all the rest of our 'rifle' shoots are at 300,600 and 900 yrds and I use my 4T for those as I don't have a problem using the 32 scope with my eyes.

I can also shoot sporting clays OK.
Its about range access if you shoot at Bisley its not a problem. Unfortunatelly I live a good six hour drive from Bisley.
Living in North East of England I have to take what I can get a range over 100 yards is a bonus.
I bought the GSG tac version. Can not wait to get it on the range. The bucket list is getting shorter. I am about to apply for a shot gun certificate for the first time in my shooting career. Should be interesting.
Alpha1

#17 Post by Alpha1 »

I don't like the red dot sight that comes with it. I tried it and then took it off. I'm using the standard sights. It's great fun but up to now not very accurate. The temptation to just blat the ammo off is proving difficult at the moment. shakeshout :run: bangbang

Anyone used the red dot with any success. What are the alternatives.
Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

I found a long eye relief pistol scope from the old days I have fitted it to the mount it looks and works OK. I will try it at the range to morrow.
Alpha1

#19 Post by Alpha1 »

The moral of the story is don't throw anything out I must have had the scope for at least ten year. I should really check the contents of all the other boxes laid about the place. There might even be a handgun in one fingerscrossed
Alpha1

#20 Post by Alpha1 »

I thought I should give the standard sights a fair try before moving on to red dots or long eye relief scopes so went back to the original sights. With the lowest front sight blade fitted and using a front bag it shoots 12 inches low at 25 yards.
Some guys in the Club shoot these in practical comps apparently but none of them use the original sights most use a red dot. So great fun to shoot and that's about all I can say for the moment.
(Not that any body is interested any way. But what the heck.)

I will probably refit the long eye relief scope and play with that.