GSG .22 1911 Tactical

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

GSG .22 1911 Tactical

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I got to check one of these out on the range they look like fun I think I need one. My friendly firearms dealer has them in stock. Before I part with some more hard earned cash.
Whats peoples opinion of them I won't be shooting it competitively it's just a fun thing to shoot at
25 yards indoors. A blast from the past so to speak.
Should I yes or no.

teanews hmm what do you reckon.
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

Re: GSG .22 1911 Tactical

#2 Post by Nelly2014 »

Alpha1 wrote:I got to check one of these out on the range they look like fun I think I need one. My friendly firearms dealer has them in stock. Before I part with some more hard earned cash.
Whats peoples opinion of them I won't be shooting it competitively it's just a fun thing to shoot at
25 yards indoors. A blast from the past so to speak.
Should I yes or no.

teanews hmm what do you reckon.
I would look for a used one as they often come with a few mags (£25-30 each) and sometimes improvements like rmr sights (lthough I think the tactical comes with one) and performance upgrades.
Just saying, let someone else take the depreciation hit.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

It's the tactical one I got to fondle. If I was to buy one that's the model I will go for.
Furiouspilgrim
Site Supporter 2019
Home club or Range: 49th

#4 Post by Furiouspilgrim »

They are great fun. Not amazingly accurate, but then, some people expect too much. If you fit the bushing kit, your groupings will improve about 20%. Should have come like that from the factory, but I suppose they are built to a budget.
The K22 is a ‘better’ LBP, but it’s not worth the price difference unless you’re doing competitions etc.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#5 Post by safetyfirst »

Great fun, second hand is a good call if it’s a more recent one from Edgar brothers, the earlier ones had some minor slide peening issues where the slide catch engages.

There are usually a few on a popular gun sales website with a star in the name.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

Great fun for plinking, as mentioned though its worth looking at S/H as there are often some real bargains out there
DVC
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Kungfugerbil »

If they fit your hand, definitely. I was all set to buy one until I tried it out and found I don’t have 1911-shaped hands :)

Great fun. I used to have a K22 and now have a .22 revolver - great fun and a different sort of challenge.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#8 Post by the running man »

The new Edgar bros ones are much improved over the TSC jobbys,they can be got new for £425! In places, the trigger can be adjusted there's tons of u tube videos out there, the mag safety is a pain but easy to remove,when benched with a proper reputable non eBay rubbish red dot on top one can achieve good groups, better still with quality ammo, you can get grips and bits galore,some need fettling but this is the UK.....
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#9 Post by phaedra1106 »

For those of us "of an age" we have to consider our eyesight :bad:

I wear two pairs of glasses, one for close up and another for normal/distance.

When shooting the pistol using the close up pair I'm able to see the sights clearly but with a fuzzy target, wearing the normal/distance pair I have a lovely clear target but blurred sight picture lol
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Furiouspilgrim
Site Supporter 2019
Home club or Range: 49th

#10 Post by Furiouspilgrim »

phaedra1106 wrote:For those of us "of an age" we have to consider our eyesight :bad:

I wear two pairs of glasses, one for close up and another for normal/distance.

When shooting the pistol using the close up pair I'm able to see the sights clearly but with a fuzzy target, wearing the normal/distance pair I have a lovely clear target but blurred sight picture lol
Clear sights and a fuzzy target is fine. You don’t need to see the target in detail. The trick is to aim in the same spot, wherever that spot is. lol