Stripping a K22

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Bajan

Stripping a K22

#1 Post by Bajan »

Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of instructions to strip a K22 Race, please?
Caledonian Classic still seem to be having problems with emails, an enquiry on Grand Power’s forum allegedly contained too few characters for their system, a few YouTube videos seem to have no content and I have not found anything here.
Cheers Bajan.
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Stripping a K22

#2 Post by JSC »

How far do you want to strip it?

This gets you a fair way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VWndK6mjc8&t=89s
Bajan

#3 Post by Bajan »

Thanks. That is very helpful. I was interested in the trigger mechanism especially for cleaning.
But that video will get me nearly there, thanks.
Cheers Bajan.
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by JSC »

There really shouldn't be a need to strip the trigger group and I tend to avoid doing it on any of my guns in case a tiny spring or other part launches itself across the room and is lost forever.

Triggers are usually best cleaned by spraying some brake cleaner into them to dislodge any dirt. This will dry quickly and not leave any residue and then you can apply some light oil very sparingly if you have to, but often it's best to run them dry so they don't attract dirt in the first place.