Fab defense mount k22

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

DavidRees
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

Re: Fab defense mount k22

#11 Post by DavidRees »

Sim G wrote:
DavidRees wrote: I come from the times when one bought expensive UIT pistols, then started filing away at the grips, etc., to get it to fit. The aesthetic is irelevant; it's the medals that matter...

And I come from a time when we didn’t go to the pistol with a file to get an accessory to fit! Grips are one thing, but the frame? Wrong way round...
I'm happy to let you think so. But for me, altering the pistol slightly was the quickest and easiest way, and after all it was my pistol, not yours.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#12 Post by Sim G »

Yes, it is your pistol.... but then the next owner will have one out of spec and no doubt out of proof.

You can crack on David all you like, my point is simply it is certainly not the preferred way to go about it. And given all of the new and inexperienced who may read this thread, I hope they understand that.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
DavidRees
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

#13 Post by DavidRees »

Sim G wrote:Yes, it is your pistol.... but then the next owner will have one out of spec and no doubt out of proof.

You can crack on David all you like, my point is simply it is certainly not the preferred way to go about it. And given all of the new and inexperienced who may read this thread, I hope they understand that.
I fail to see how slightly deepening grooves on the outside of the plastic frame of the gun will make it "out of proof". The frame is not a pressure-bearing part.

As to whether it is the preferred way or not, that's up to the individual owner of a gun, and not for you or I to dictate. I am happy to acknowledge that there may be different ways to tackle the problem, which is definitely of benefit to anyone planning such an alteration. The more information and choices the better. But I think my earlier posts have made clear why I did what I did, and I have no regrets about the alteration I made.