New wilson lbr

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

the running man

New wilson lbr

#1 Post by the running man »

Has anyone seen the new wilson lbr? Looks good..... Heres a cut and paste from him... Pix to follow... Or available upon request... Hi,

I’m mailing all those that expressed an interest in an LBR over the last few years. Sorry if it’s no longer of interest

Finally I have a UK-legal LBR to sell!

I have been working with Chiappa of Italy since last summer to have a factory-produced LBR, and finally I have the first batch in the country and I can unveil them at the Phoenix this weekend. It’s been a bit last-minute as they only shipped a small quantity and they arrived on Monday!

There are a range of models based on the Rhino revolver.

This is an innovative design which fires from the bottom chamber of the cylinder. The result of this is twofold

That the recoil energy is directed almost straight back along your arm which reduces muzzle rise considerably
The stress on the frame during firing is at the bottom so the breech face has very little load on it at the top. This means that the frame can made from Aluminium and be very much lighter
What this means for the shooter is that we can have an LBR that is lighter than a standard 4” Smith & Wesson 686 and balances better than a conventional LBR. Single handed target shooting is now a viable option for even the smaller competitor.

There are two initial models, all have the original sight radius of the 60DS Rhino, so are legal for WA1500, but with a 12” barrel and grip extension, factory fitted in Italy. The Rhino 120DS is proofed in Italy as a standard model, and imported as a Section 1 Long Barrel Revolver

The 120DS model has the following specification:-

12” 1:12” twist barrel
Black anodised Aluminium barrel sleeve
Electroless Nickel finish
Adjustable Fibre-Optic sights
9mm (with full moon clips) or .38 / .357 mag (can fire loose rounds, or with full moon clips, or from an L-frame speed loader)
Walnut grip in Large or Medium
Weight 1155g
Price £1498
Options:

Adjustable Black rear sight with patridge front sight
Matt or polished finish Carbon Fibre barrel sleeve
Black Anodised finish on whole gun (RRP £1385)
Custom Cerakote finish
Double-Action only conversion
Double-Action tuning kit with lighter trigger pull and skeletonised hammer

The Wilson Match Master 6 has the following specification:-

12” 1:12” twist barrel
Custom Barrel shroud
Carbon Fibre barrel sleeve
Grey PVD (nitride) finish
Aristocrat 3-position sight rib (Aluminium)
.38 Special only (uses an L-frame speed loader)
Chambers chamfered for Wadcutters
Double-Action tuned
Adjustable rubber trigger stop
Walnut grip in Large or Medium
Weight 1280g
Price £2100.00
Options:

Aristocrat 3-position sight rib (Steel)
Aristocrat 3-position sight rib (Aluminium) with scope rail
Aristocrat 3-position sight rib (Steel) with scope rail

There will be other models in due course aimed at single-handed precision events, practical revolver, Bianchi Cup etc. (please feel free to make suggestions)

I have a very limited quantity of the 120DS model FOR SALE at the Phoenix. They are in .38/.357, Nickel finish at £1500

I decided that I want where possible for people to actually pick up a Rhino, and be happy with it before they pay any money, so the first ones will have to go first-come-first served.

I understand that some of you may not be coming to the Phoenix, and I intend to try and get to some of the 1500 matches this year so that you can take a look. In the long term I do plan to sell them through selected dealers around the country (if you want to recommend dealers to me that you think would do a good job, please let me know)

I have another shipment due for delivery in approximately 6 weeks with a mixture of models, finishes, and calibres, so I will be taking orders.

I will have samples of each model for display at the Phoenix Meeting
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

Re: New wilson lbr

#2 Post by Sixshot6 »

Got an email yesterday, impressive. he's not given up and it might be blessing in disguise. Not everyone's cup of tea but likely to be a hit.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#3 Post by TattooedGun »

ttiuwp
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

Thread moved to correct forum.

Be sure and post in the appropriate forum in future.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

#5 Post by NoEntry »

oh bugger, there goes my savings !!!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#6 Post by Mike357 »

Jesus, it's an ugly b****** of a thing. :bad: :bad:
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#7 Post by Gh0st »

These surfaced a while back....

Not pretty
Attachments
RhinoLBR.jpg
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Rarms
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Rarms »

Glad to see other people importing cool things to sell, but I can see why he wants you to feel it before buying!
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#9 Post by shugie »

That's got more than a passing resemblance to my Mateba, wonder if that could be a useful source of spares?
Careful now/that sort of thing
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#10 Post by Sixshot6 »

shugie wrote:That's got more than a passing resemblance to my Mateba, wonder if that could be a useful source of spares?
They share the designer a concept of how it indexes or fires from the bottom so I’d say no. I think you’re possibly stuffed for spares although rumours of the mateba coming back were discussed on the firearms blog.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiappa_Rhino

According to the wiki it’s the last he designed before dying. The description and mention of an external minimalist hammer implies for certain its not the same mechanism. Basically it’s a conventional revolver but made better in a round and about way.