Ammo for Buckmark

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

jack1
Home club or Range: Sittingbourne rifle and pistol club

Ammo for Buckmark

#1 Post by jack1 »

Hi all
Got the Buckmark LBP know all I need to know is what do you lot think is the best ammo for offhand. single handed UIT type target shooting, tried SK match not too bad , RWS rifle c--p
Help and advice please
Thank you
jack bangbang
Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

Re: Ammo for Buckmark

#2 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

SK Standard
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#3 Post by mr smith »

Keithkilvo1 wrote:SK Standard
Yep that's what I use now,did try cci standard shot fine but the waxy bullets used to gum up the mags.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

Ammo for Buckmark

#4 Post by safetyfirst »

As with most guns, you need to find its preferred food, not all buckmarks will like the same food.

Go down to an RFD that has lots of brands in and buy a box of each, test them out.

Or swap a few rounds with a fellow club member.
jack1

#5 Post by jack1 »

Hi
Thanks all for the sound advice. Off to the gun shop and loads of 50 round boxes, Aint shooting fun?
Thanks again
Jack bangbang
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by 1066 »

If you're shooting one handed with open sights, 90%+ of the inaccuracy will be you. I guess if you're scoring around 90 on the PL 14 with average club ammunition that cycles the action reliably, then swapping to the very best, expensive .22lr target ammo like tenex may give you just a point or two - different story with a match rifle.

If you're consistently grouping in about 1.5" with one hand at 25 yards then you may benefit from better ammunition. With a pistol, use cheap ammunition and practice more.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
jack1

#7 Post by jack1 »

1066 wrote:If you're shooting one handed with open sights, 90%+ of the inaccuracy will be you. I guess if you're scoring around 90 on the PL 14 with average club ammunition that cycles the action reliably, then swapping to the very best, expensive .22lr target ammo like tenex may give you just a point or two - different story with a match rifle.

If you're consistently grouping in about 1.5" with one hand at 25 yards then you may benefit from better ammunition. With a pistol, use cheap ammunition and practice more.
Thanks for that info. I've used SK so far and will buy selections such as Ely pistol and RWS semi auto and R50. I have to say as a Jurassic handgunner the Buckmark's balance and sight picture brings back all those images of so long ago. Maybe the after market rubber grips help. I have looked at German anatomical grips but they are at a premium.
Jack bangbang
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#8 Post by HH1 »

I use CCI MiniMag in all my .22 RF's, Buckmark LBP, Sig 522 & CZ 452