New ruger lbp?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: New ruger lbp?

#11 Post by Gh0st »

MistAgain wrote:
Ballistol wrote:Sorry if I’m missing something here, but are these actually available in the U.K.?
As the legality of that firearm is very questionable I suspect no decent RFD will handle them .
Bored of this, no one questioned the Stockade VQ barrelled ones?
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
MistAgain

#12 Post by MistAgain »

Gh0st wrote:
MistAgain wrote:
Ballistol wrote:Sorry if I’m missing something here, but are these actually available in the U.K.?
As the legality of that firearm is very questionable I suspect no decent RFD will handle them .
Bored of this, no one questioned the Stockade VQ barrelled ones?
Being bored with a problem does not make the problem go away .
the running man

#13 Post by the running man »

Gh0st wrote:Half the price, including the light and RMR II
we best have a chat then!
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......
the running man

#14 Post by the running man »

Bored of this, no one questioned the Stockade VQ barrelled ones?[/quote]

Being bored with a problem does not make the problem go away .[/quote][/quote]
Theres always some shooter who thinks he or she is doing a great service to the shooting community by telling you in their opinion your gun is not legal.... Probably on the phone to the cops now, you know the type...
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#15 Post by Andy632 »

I had an original one back in the day; If someone was making/importing 12/24" models I would certainly get one.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
MistAgain

#16 Post by MistAgain »

the running man wrote:Bored of this, no one questioned the Stockade VQ barrelled ones?
Being bored with a problem does not make the problem go away .[/quote][/quote]
Theres always some shooter who thinks he or she is doing a great service to the shooting community by telling you in their opinion your gun is not legal.... Probably on the phone to the cops now, you know the type...[/quote]

When three RFD's with well over 100 years in the gun trade between them tell me that a certain converted firearm is almost certainly not permitted in this country , I respect their opinion.

When the BASC tells me that possession of a firearm that has been converted from a completed firearm that is considered Section 5 to what appears to be a Section 1 firearm , that I am at risk of having it confiscated , I respect that opinion.

When the Deputy Firearms Manager explains to me in detail what will happen to me if I have a converted Section 5 firearm entered on my FAC , I have to respect his judgement .

I might not like any of those opinions , I might not even agree with them , but unless some brave person in the shooting community is prepared to challenge them in Court , we should abide by them .
As for me “Probably on the phone to the cops now, you know the type.” thats a load of carp , shooters have had enough problems caused by corrupt RFD's in the past couple of years without me adding to our problems .

One day the venal RFD concerned will sell one of these converted firearms into the wrong police area , and that just might not give a result that we would all like .
the running man

#17 Post by the running man »

MistAgain wrote:
the running man wrote:Bored of this, no one questioned the Stockade VQ barrelled ones?
[/quote]
Theres always some shooter who thinks he or she is doing a great service to the shooting community by telling you in their opinion your gun is not legal.... Probably on the phone to the cops now, you know the type...[/quote]

When three RFD's with well over 100 years in the gun trade between them tell me that a certain converted firearm is almost certainly not permitted in this country , I respect their opinion.

When the BASC tells me that possession of a firearm that has been converted from a completed firearm that is considered Section 5 to what appears to be a Section 1 firearm , that I am at risk of having it confiscated , I respect that opinion.

When the Deputy Firearms Manager explains to me in detail what will happen to me if I have a converted Section 5 firearm entered on my FAC , I have to respect his judgement .

I might not like any of those opinions , I might not even agree with them , but unless some brave person in the shooting community is prepared to challenge them in Court , we should abide by them .
As for me “Probably on the phone to the cops now, you know the type.” thats a load of carp , shooters have had enough problems caused by corrupt RFD's in the past couple of years without me adding to our problems .

One day the venal RFD concerned will sell one of these converted firearms into the wrong police area , and that just might not give a result that we would all like .[/quote]

I think you will find that stockade and some of the other lbps and lbrs that were section 5 have had enough clearance to stand up in court, you see the thing is uk firearms law only extends to the uk as far as hm gov customs, and the proof house are concerned, we have had all this before with various other straight pull ar15 rifles that were brought in over the yeara, they are atill here 35 years later!, i and a few others consider your opinons to be nothing but hurting our sport and our spirit, every club a
Has an opinionated doomsday guy like you. I know exactly the type you are, so do a lot of others.....by all means exlress you wouldent buy one yourself for fear of it going, but dont be twlling other (not that i own one) people they are fluanting the law as their local authority will be to blame not the shooter.
MistAgain

#18 Post by MistAgain »

the running man wrote:
MistAgain wrote:

One day the venal RFD concerned will sell one of these converted firearms into the wrong police area , and that just might not give a result that we would all like .[/quote]

I think you will find that stockade and some of the other lbps and lbrs that were section 5 have had enough clearance to stand up in court, you see the thing is uk firearms law only extends to the uk as far as hm gov customs, and the proof house are concerned, we have had all this before with various other straight pull ar15 rifles that were brought in over the yeara, they are atill here 35 years later!, i and a few others consider your opinons to be nothing but hurting our sport and our spirit, every club a
Has an opinionated doomsday guy like you. I know exactly the type you are, so do a lot of others.....by all means exlress you wouldent buy one yourself for fear of it going, but dont be twlling other (not that i own one) people they are fluanting the law as their local authority will be to blame not the shooter.[/quote]

I would love you to be right , even if it meant that I was wrong .

But I fail to follow your logic …...........but dont be twlling (???) other (not that i own one) people they are fluanting the law as their local authority will be to blame not the shooter.

How will the local authority ( Local Police Force? ) be to blame if they make a decision to get a Court ruling on what is a very unclear law to some ?

But for those amongst us who think carefully before they make a purchase , here are a few questions that I bet some people wont like answered .

Why did Gareth Murfin spend time and money getting Taurus to build LBR's when he could have had S & W's converted in USA for roughly the same price ?

Why did Caledonian spend a hell of a lot of money and time getting the K-22 up and running when there were other auto's that could have been converted in Europe ?

Why has Cotswold chosen the Antreg LBP when other pistols could be converted in Europe for maybe half the price ?

Why isnt Richard Wilson , a man who is respected in the gun trade , popping over to Europe and converting existing Smith & Wessons to UK spec and bringing a car load back every few weeks ?

Could it be that they all have respect for the law as they understand it , and have been advised , and unlike a couple of cowboy RFD's dont want to risk their reputation or cost their customers financial loss ?
the running man

#19 Post by the running man »

]the guy bringing in the lbrs made from smiths sourced in germany has a written letter from the head of firearms inports at uk customs, and other letters from proof house and police, i think thats enough to argue with at court, if you knew your history you will know we have had a lot of this tested already with various once fully automatic rifles converted to both semi auto pre hungerford, and straight pull after, none of which ever ended up in a prosocution... The crux of your argument lays with once sec 5 always sec 5,applying to other country's! Laughable.... So all the people in this country that have 2 shot pistols for humane dispatch are they breaking the law too? When i take my 10/22 out of the stock for cleaning it becomes sec 5 then magicaly becomes sec 1 again when i put the stock back, trying to stir up trouble that does not exist on an open forum for mr squires to make notes on is nkt on. Since we lost our pistols in 97 the shooting community is full of people like you, think you know everything cas youve put 3 roumds of. 22 down a 10/22 at your local scout hut. You could have just messaged anyone and say hey u do realise that some think this may be sec 5,but oh no, you choose to try paint yourself as the saviour of uk shooting as you should be the only person in in the uk with an fac. I had a stockade pistol, my local authority cleared it with a letter and their official stance was and is that uk sec 5 law only applies to this country....that was good enough for me, its also good enough for the nra wich allow it to be used at competitive events.
MistAgain

#20 Post by MistAgain »

the running man wrote:] the shooting community is full of people like you, think you know everything cas youve put 3 roumds of. 22 down a 10/22 at your local scout hut..
Actually it was an old BSA 177 air rifle .The scout hut had brick walls and I could hit the wall .

But one day the cemetery workers kindly built some backstops from spare wood for us and targets were pinned to the wood .

Sadly I still hit the brick wall .